The Bachelor of Science in Mathematics is supported by academic advisor Tony Angelella.
Contact Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot register for a BMATH or STMATH course because of a prerequisite error, contact the math advisor with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your 7-digit student ID number
- The 5-digit SLN (registration code) of the course
- The course prefix, number, and section (Example: “STMATH 390 A”). You can find these on the time schedule or through a MyPlan search.
- A short description and/or screenshot of the issue preventing your registration
Repeating a course
Registering for a course for a third time after two graded attempts requires a petition and must be discussed with the mathematics advisor.
- Graded attempts include courses for which you received a numerical grade (4.0-scale), I (incomplete), CR/NC (Credit / No Credit), or S/NS (Satisfactory / Not Satisfactory) on your transcript.
- Graded attempts do not include courses you dropped (no record on transcript), withdrew from (“RD” on transcript), or not received a grade for (“X” on transcript).
If you cannot register for a BMATH or STMATH course because you have two previous graded attempts, email email@example.com to set up an appointment with the mathematics advisor.
Closed courses & waitlist
Use the Mathematics Course Waitlist form if the 300 or 400 level STMATH course you want to take is closed. We strongly recommend registering for a backup course while on the waitlist. Filling out this form does not guarantee a seat in a requested course. Registration prioritization is holistic (not first-come, first-serve), and your place on a waitlist may change as other students make requests
There is not a waitlist for 100 or 200 level B MATH or STMATH courses. For these courses, please utilize seat availability notification.
Waitlist requests will be reviewed on a weekly basis. If a seat becomes available for you, you will be contacted using the preferred email indicated on your form. You will then have 24 hours to respond. If you do not respond, the spot will be offered to the next student on the waitlist.
The waitlist will close on January 2nd, 2024. On January 3rd all math courses will be opened to their full capacity. This is so that students may add/drop as seats become available through the first week of the quarter. The Late Add Period will begin January 10th and faculty permission will be required to join a course.
If you have not been admitted to the Mathematics major:
- Not yet admitted to UWB? Contact admissions advising.
- Pre-major student? Contact pre-major advising.
- Already in a major but want to join Mathematics? Contact the Mathematics advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been admitted to Mathematics:
Appointments are only available for scheduling up to two weeks in advance. New appointment times become available each weeknight at midnight. If you don’t see any availability, please try again the next weekday or use one of the following contact options:
- Contact our front desk at email@example.com, or call 425-352-3746.
- Come to a drop-in advising session instead.
The Mathematics advisor does not have regular drop-in hours. Please schedule a regular appointment or contact our front desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.