Chemistry Student Forms & Resources
This page contains forms and resources for the Bachelor of Science in Chemistry.
- Natural Sciences Info Board
- Registration and sign-up forms
- Academic planning resources
Natural Sciences Info Board
Learn more about courses, programs, groups and events, as well as career opportunities, scholarships and other student resources on the Natural Sciences Info Board.
- Online Application Form. All applicants, internal or transfer, can use this form to apply for one of the Chemistry majors. Visit our Admissions page for more information.
Registration & sign-up forms
- BCHEM 498/499 Registration Request. Once you have discussed your research or independent study plans with your instructor, fill out this form to request registration for the credit. Please allow two weeks for processing.
- Symposium Presentation Sign-up. Use this form to sign up for a research symposium event (always on Friday of finals week each quarter).
- Chemistry Student Mailing List Subscribe/Unsubscribe. Subscribe to the Chemistry Student Mailing List to receive advising reminders and announcements, as well as information on events, courses, research, internships, jobs, scholarships, clubs, and other resources. Most messages are sent as a concise weekly UWB Sciences Digest.
- Course Repeat Request. If you have taken a course twice or more, you must complete this form to request registration for that course.
Use these forms when you want to use a transfer course or other non-standard option for a major or minor requirement. Substitutions are considered on a case-by-case basis. You must submit supporting documentation such as a syllabus, a detailed letter from your instructor/supervisor, or a similar document that thoroughly explains the content of the course or experience. Please allow three weeks for processing.
These petitions are for degree-specific requirements. For university-level requirements such as General Education or Area of Knowledge, please contact your advisor directly instead of submitting a petition.
Academic planning resources
- Chemistry Orientation Slideshow. Not sure where to start? Here is the most recent orientation presentation for Chemistry students.
- Chemistry Curriculum Overview Page. Visit this page for an accessible text-based list of each degree’s requirements and courses.
- BCHEM course descriptions page. Visit this page to read about content and prerequisites for Chemistry courses at UW Bothell.
- BA in Chemistry Degree Checklist
- BS in Chemistry Degree Checklist (general option)
- BS in Chemistry Degree Checklist (biochemistry option)
- Chemistry curriculum flowchart. Use this flowchart for a visual version of how the Chemistry courses lead into each other.
- Course Planning Worksheet. Use this simple planning sheet together with a Degree Checklist and Curriculum Flowchart to figure out your academic plan.
- MyPlan web app. Use this tool to search for courses, plan out your schedule, and review your degree audit.