UW Bothell Collaboratory – Discovery Hall 152
The UW Bothell Collaboratory is a creative and open environment that allows you to work on academic and personal projects as a team or individually. The space provides equipment, materials, and training needed for co-creating physical and/or digital prototypes, art, and other work products. Our current focus is to continue developing and evolving this into a space that is inviting and welcoming to students of all majors, pre-majors, graduates, and interest levels.
Winter Quarter Open Hours
Monday – Thursday from 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday – Closed
*The open hours will be in effect during February 23rd to March 8th.
Hours will return to normal schedule (Mon to Thu 9-5pm; Fri 9-2pm)
Welcome back Huskies! The Collaboratory will be hosting several workshops and events this quarter and details on these will be posted below and on our events page. If you want to request the space for your own class or want to schedule times to reserve the Collaboratory, please email us at email@example.com.
The Collaboratory is accepting volunteers to assist in day-to-day operations! If you are interested, please submit the volunteer application form here and we will follow up with you. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All new users must complete the Collaboratory Orientation before using any Collaboratory resources. Please complete the Collaboratory Orientation form found here.
Please see the list below for available services.
- If you wish to complete a project using the Collaboratory equipment, please visit the space in-person and talk to a staff member. We do not accept remote service requests. We do not mail any equipment, materials, or prints.
- If you require assistance for a project, we are available to help you in-person Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 5:00pm, and Friday 9:00am to 2:00pm. Please send us an email at email@example.com or visit us in DISC-152.
- There will be several events throughout the quarter we will be participating in and/or hosting. If you are interested in attending, please see the workshop and events calendar for details on when, where, and how you can participate.
Note: Make sure you use your UW netID email when filling out any online forms. If you see a page saying are not allowed access to a form, please open the form link in a new private window and sign into Google using your UW email where you will then be redirected to the UW sign in page.
Locations & Directions
The Collaboratory is located on the 1st floor of Discovery Hall, in room DISC-152. The Truly House is located directly in front of the West Parking Garage and next to the top surface parking lot of Discovery Hall.
Note, currently we are unable to service Cascadia College students, staff, or faculty at this time.
Watch our introduction video below to gain insight into our goals, values, and the exceptional staff members at the Collaboratory.
The Collaboratory is now currently accepting volunteers! If you want to help out the space, apply for a volunteer position. You will be tasked to work with students and faculty on projects while also being taught general maintenance on all of the equipment provided by the Collaboratory. As a volunteer you also get benefits like increased free filament usage!
- 6 x Ender 3 Pro 3D printers
- 2 x Ultimaker S5 3D printers
- 1 x Ultimaker 2 3D printer
- 2 x Universal Laser Cutter Systems
- 2 x Carvey CNC machines
- 1 x Soldering station
- 3 x Button Presses (2.25″ & 1″)
- 1 x Cricut maker (paper/vinyl cutter)
- 1 x Sewing Machine + related tools
- 1 x Laminator
- Various hand tools & Vice
- Various VR/AR Headsets, controllers, and VR-ready laptops
Want us to add something? Send us an email and we will consider adding it our wishlist. We will be adding more equipment as the user community grows.
Connect with Us!
Follow us on social media for updates on events and the space. while also seeing cool creations made by the creative Collaboratory community: