Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid
Meeting the costs of an undergraduate or graduate education is a major investment for many families. It requires planning, careful decision making, and a commitment from both you and your family. We believe that students from all economic backgrounds should have the opportunity to attend the University of Washington Bothell and that finances should not be a barrier.
STARTUP FOR FALL QUARTER 2021
Following the best current guidelines for protecting the health of our employees, students, and the public, we will continue to provide services via phones, email, and video conference.
Get your financial aid questions answered at our Welcome Desk, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am to 4pm.
Also, you can speak with a Financial Aid Counselor by clicking "Join the queue" for a 'ZOOM room' visit during the following office hours:
Join the queue
What you need to know
If you are a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen then you can submit the FAFSA form and be considered for federal aid. If you are not a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen then you may be able to apply for state or institutional aid by submitting the WASFA form. To be considered for financial aid you must complete one of the applications below.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is available to all U.S. Citizens and eligible non-citizens (Permanent Resident). The 2021-2022 FAFSA is an online application and is currently Available Now.
The 2022-2023 FAFSA is Available Now.
The Washington Application for State Financial Aid is available to students who are not eligible to submit the FAFSA. The 2021-2022 WASFA is also an online application and is currently Available Now.
The 2022-2023 WASFA is Available Now.
Priority Application Date: January 15th
To be considered for as many aid programs as possible you will want to submit your financial aid application before our priority application date, January 15th. Be sure to include our federal school code below. The federal school code is shared by all three UW campuses.
↑ Back to top
News & Updates
You can drop-in at our Welcome Desk, Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm, to get your financial aid questions answered. Or, drop in during our ZOOM hours, Thursdays, 1:00-4:00pm.
- We are not scheduling appointments, but you can get your financial aid questions answered at our Welcome Desk in Husky Hall, Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm.
- You can meet with one of our counselors via Zoom on Thursdays, 1-4pm. Just follow the directions below:
- Click on the purple "Join the Queue" button found at the top of this page.
- Log-in to Navigate with your UW NetID to drop-in during our advising hours.
- Look for the "View Drop-in Availability" button and click.
- You will see "Check-in success" once you are in the Navigate waiting room.
- You will have to return to the check-in page to log into the ZOOM room.
- You will be placed in a virtual waiting room until a counselor is available to meet with you.
If your financial aid has not disbursed check to see if:
Phishing scams are running rampant during these times.
Do not share any personal information such as user names/passwords, social security numbers, or credit card numbers with an unsolicited call or email.
The latest phishing scam circulation amongst our UW population is the "Recalculation of Your Tax Refund Payment" email. It appears to be from a @uw.edu email address.
Go here for more information on how to protect yourself from phishing scams.
Satisfactory Academic Progress - COVID 19
- The winter 2020, spring 2020, summer 2020, autumn 2020, winter 2021, spring 2021, and summer 2021 quarters were extraordinary as a result of the COVID 19 pandemic. Please read the updated information on Satisfactory Academic Progress policy for the extraordinary quarters.
- The Fall Quarter will not be considered an extraordinary quarter. So, the regular Satisfactory Academic Progress rules will be applied. Please check in with our office if you have questions.
To Be Considered For All Financial Aid Programs:
Be sure to complete the FAFSA or the WASFA by the priority application date of January 15th.
The priority application date is for students admitted during the summer, autumn, winter, or spring quarters. So don't wait to be admitted to complete your FAFSA or WASFA.
The University of Washington Federal Code is 003798.
↑ Back to top
Click HERE for COVID-19 and your UW Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions.
↑ Back to top