Child Care Assistance Program

The Child Care Assistance Program is designed to assist UW Bothell Campus students in covering the costs of licensed childcare for their children (newborn – 12 years old) while enrolled in an eligible program of study. This award is funded by Services & Activities fees paid by students attending the Bothell campus.

On this page

Contact Information

Child Care Assistance Program Contact

Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS)

Christina Hughes

UWB 1- 186 / Founders Hall

Phone: 425-352-3613


↑ Back to top

Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships

Husky Hall Welcome Center

Phone: 425-352-5240

Fax: 425-352-3217



↑ Back to top

How To Apply

All applicants need to have a FAFSA or WASFA application on file. If you are an international student, you will need to complete the International Student Financial Statement.

The following forms need to be completed in order to be considered for the Child Care Assistance Program:

↑ Back to top

Eligibility Requirements

  • You are enrolled at UW Bothell
  • You are the legal, physical, custodial parent of the child
  • You meet the financial need requirements
  • You pay Service and Activities Fees any quarter receiving the subsidy
  • You are using a Department of Early Learning (DEL) licensed provider that is not related by blood or marriage to the student

↑ Back to top

Financial Need Requirements

Funding for the Child Care Assistance Program is limited to student parents with financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid based on your FAFSA/WASFA or your International Student Financial Statement. We continue to re-assess and evaluate our funding levels throughout the quarter trying to meet the needs of as many student parents as we are able.

↑ Back to top


Funds are disbursed to students via direct deposit through the UW student account system after 10th day of the quarter. The students will receive funds after their application was approved.

The Child Care Assistance Program covers 3 full calendar months each quarter, regardless of the first/last day of the academic quarter, if child care costs were accrued.

↑ Back to top


Information regarding the amount of your funding or disbursement of your funds will not be released to anyone other than the awarded student unless a yearly authorization for information release is completed online with the Office of Student Financial Aid (Direct deposit and information release can be set up online through your Student Personal Service via MyUW.

↑ Back to top

Tax Information

Money received through the Child Care Assistance Program may be considered taxable income and will be listed on your 1098T form.

International Students: If you are receiving additional Grant or Fellowship funding, that combined with your Child Care Grant exceeds your tuition charge you may be subject to a 14% tax on the amount that exceeds tuition. Please review tax information regarding “ Foreign Person’s U.S. Source income” IRS’s website.

Please note: we are not trained to advise on tax laws. Please contact a tax advisor for their instructions.

↑ Back to top