Know the priority filing date
- The UW Bothell has a priority date of January 15th each year. ** The 2024-2025 priority application date is February 28, 2024.
- This means that the FAFSA or WASFA must be received by the processor on or before January 15th to be consider for priority funds. **February 28th for the 2024-2025 applications.
- Use the University of Washington Federal School Code: 003798
**Please note that the Federal Processor for the FAFSA is located in the Central Time Zone and the FAFSA must be received by 10pm Pacific Time, February 28th to meet the priority date.
Apply for the FSA ID
- Create an FSA ID by visiting Create a New FSA ID.
- If you are a dependent student, your parents(contributors) will also create an FSA ID in order to sign your FAFSA.
- A contributor is the student, student’s spouse, or student’s parent/stepparent.
- For more information on who a contributor is for your FAFSA please go to this page, who is a contributor?
Gather financial information
- For the 2024-2025 academic year, you will need income information for the 2022 tax year.
Submit your financial aid application
- Go to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid/FAFSA
to complete your FAFSA online. You and your contributor will electronically sign your application with your FSA IDs.
- The WASFA application can be completed through following link: WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) | WSAC
Receive your FAFSA Submission Summary
- After you submit your application you will receive an email to access your Submission Summary information after you submit your application.
- Review and make any corrections necessary to your FAFSA/WASFA.
- Make sure that your name, date of birth, and social security number are accurate.
Award Financial Aid
- The UW Office of Student Financial Aid will create an award package for you and you will receive an email instructing you to log into your myUW account.
- By logging into your myUW account, you can review, accept and or reject your award offer.
- Your financial aid award may be preliminary until we complete the review of your FAFSA/WASFA information. Please respond to any verification requests as soon as possible to ensure that you receive your final aid notification in a timely manner.
- Accept your aid as directed even if your are requesting or expecting changes.
- Unaccepted awards are subject to cancellation.