The Open Learning Lab
The Open Learning Lab (OLL) is the only dedicated drop-in computer lab at UW Bothell for all students regardless of degree or major. Student tutors, in the OLL, offer in-person support and assistance on digital media software and campus eLearning tools. See the Lab Features and Hardware section on this page for a detailed list of tools, and tutorials.
Virtual Tutoring Support - Available
We offer limited online media production software virtual support via Zoom on the following tools: Final Cut Pro X Basics, Adobe Photoshop Basics, Adobe Premiere Basics, Adobe Audition Basics, iMovie Basics, Audacity Basics, ePortfolios, Canvas, and edTPA Support. Virtual support is based on tutor availability, Mondays to Fridays (except holidays and interim). While we strive to have consistent online support, there may be times online support is not available. Students tutors' knowledge base reflects the tutorials listed here.
Weekly Schedule - Spring 2022
Book an appointment with an OLL tutor here https://tinyurl.com/OLL-appt.
Tutoring not available on weekends, holidays, and breaks.
Lab Features and Hardware
- Twelve Window PCs, 27-inch touchscreen, computers installed on monitor-arms with flexible viewing distance, monitor orientation, and display height.
- Seventeen Apple iMac computers with media production, Adobe CC and Final Cut Pro, software installed.
- Two Apple iMac Pro, teaching stations, for media production tutoring and software support.
- Motorized standing/sitting desks at every workstation.
- Open room layout with two, technology enhanced, group meeting stations.
- Comfortable and durable headphones at every workstation.
- Black & White printer available via DAWG Prints.
- High-resolution scanners are available.
Software and eLearning Tool Support
The OLL provides one-on-one student support for digital media software and eLearning tools such as:
- Final Cut Pro X basics
- Adobe Premiere basics
- Adobe Photoshop basics
- Adobe Audition basics
- Audacity basics
- iMovie basics
- Google Sites for ePortfolios
- Pearson EdTPA video support
Open Learning Lab Hours and Location
The Open Learning Lab is located in UW2-140 and open 8am-8pm Monday-Friday.
The Open Learning Lab is closed Saturday and Sunday.