The Open Learning Lab
The Open Learning Lab (OLL) is the only dedicated drop-in computer lab at UW Bothell for all students regardless of degree or major. Student tutors, in the OLL, offer in-person support and assistance on digital media software and campus eLearning tools. See the Lab Features and Hardware section on this page for a detailed list of tools, and tutorials. While the OLL is open when the building is open, tutoring availbility is limited.
Tutoring Support - Available
We offer limited in-person media production software support on the following tools: Final Cut Pro X Basics, Adobe Photoshop Basics, Adobe Premiere Basics, Adobe Audition Basics, iMovie Basics, Audacity Basics, ePortfolios, Canvas. In-person support is based on tutor availability, Mondays to Fridays (except holidays and interim). While we strive to have consistent support schedule, there may be times support is not available. Students tutors' knowledge base reflects the tutorials listed here.
Weekly tutoring availability
- Monday - 10:00 - 3:00
- Tuesday - 9:00 - 3:00
- Wednesday - 8:00 - 1:00
- Thusday - 9:00 - 1:00
- Friday - 10:30 - 5:30
Tutoring not available on weekends, holidays, and breaks. Please note: if a tutor calls in sick there may be gaps in the schedule.
Lab Features and Hardware
- Twelve Window PCs, 27-inch touchscreen, computers installed on monitor-arms with flexible viewing distance, monitor orientation, and display height.
- Seventeen Apple iMac computers with media production, Adobe CC and Final Cut Pro, software installed.
- Two Apple iMac Pro, teaching stations, for media production tutoring and software support.
- Motorized standing/sitting desks at every workstation.
- Open room layout with two, technology enhanced, group meeting stations.
- Comfortable and durable headphones at every workstation.
- Black & White printer available via DAWG Prints.
- High-resolution scanners are available.
Software and eLearning Tool Support
The OLL provides one-on-one student support for digital media software and eLearning tools such as:
- Final Cut Pro X basics
- Adobe Premiere basics
- Adobe Photoshop basics
- Adobe Audition basics
- Audacity basics
- iMovie basics
- Google Sites for ePortfolios
Open Learning Lab Hours and Location
The Open Learning Lab is located in UW2-140 and open UW2 builing hours.