12/22/20 – Adobe ends Flash Support
Adobe ends Adobe Flash support
Adobe is no longer supporting and providing security updates for Adobe Flash. Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021.
UWB IT will begin removing Adobe Flash Player from all University devices beginning January 4, 2021.
What you need to do:
Between today and January 15, 2021, do the following a few times a week:
- At the end of the work day, close all open web browsers
- Connect to Husky OnNet (Big-IP Edge Client) on your macOS or Windows computer
- Keep your computer logged in overnight
Please note: This update will automatically restart your browsers. Open tabs may be lost, but can be restored via the browser’s history.
Learn more about this change:
- To read a quick blog post from Adobe, visit Flash & the Future of Interactive Content.
- For general information from Adobe, visit the Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page.
If you have any questions, please contact UWB IT.