Connect to UWB Office Computers Using Remote Desktop
This guide will go over Remote Desktop options and instructions to use the tool at UW Bothell.
Table of Contents
What is Remote Desktop?
Remote Desktop is a feature included with Windows Vista or later versions of Windows that allows users to configure their computer so that they can access it from other computers on the network or the Internet.
Remote Desktop is one of many remote access solutions available to our users. For alternatives, please see our File Storage Solutions. You may access your files from anywhere using these tools.
What are the Requirements for Remote Desktop?
To use Remote Desktop you will need the following:
- A host computer running Windows 7 or later.
- Remote Desktop User rights to the host computer.
- Remote Desktop Client software: standard on Windows Vista and later, a macOS client is available for download.
- A high-speed network connection for both host and client is highly recommended.
- In order to use Remote Desktop to connect to a UW Bothell managed computer on campus from a computer off campus, the Husky OnNet (VPN) client is also required.
Requesting Remote Desktop Access
You may need to request access to a primary workstation if you are a new employee, have never requested access before, or are using a new workstation.
In order to request access or to find out if you are eligible to use Remote Desktop, please contact UW Bothell Information Technologies:
Call the IT Helpdesk at 425.352.3456
Email the IT Helpdesk at email@example.com Visit the IT Helpdesk in LB2-218
Remote Desktop Software Requirements
All Windows Vista PCs and later will come standard with “Remote Desktop Connection” which is the application used establish the remote connection.
From off campus, the Husky OnNet VPN client is also required. Husky OnNet is currently supported on Windows 7 and later. For information on the Husky OnNet service, please visit the IT Connect page.
MacOS requires the installation of the Microsoft Remote Desktop app. On UWB owned Mac computers, this application is pre-installed for convenience. On personally owned Mac computers, this application can be downloaded and installed from the Mac App Store. Compatibility requirements are macOS 10.13 or later and a 64-bit processor.
From off-campus, the f5 BIG-IP Edge client is also required. The f5 BIG-IP Edge client is currently supported on macOS 10.12.2 or later. For information on the Husky OnNet service, please visit the IT Connect site.
Other Operating Systems
Remote Desktop is available on a number of other operating systems and devices. UW Bothell IT currently provides support for Windows and MacOS only. However, users who can successfully install and use these alternatives are welcome to utilize them.
f5 BIG-IP Edge clients are available for a number of devices (e.g., Android, tablets and other devices) in appropriate app stores. UW-IT cannot answer questions about these applications, however, users who can successfully install and use them without help are welcome to do so and are bound by the Terms and Conditions for use of this software.
Remote Desktop functionality is native in Windows, but it is not supported by default in many Linux distributions, including Ubuntu. Third party tools are usually required and are specific the distributable you utilize.
From off campus, provided a connection tool is installed, the Husky OnNet VPN is also required. Husky OnNet is currently supported on Linux (Fedora/openSUSE and Ubuntu/Debian) and can be downloaded via UWARE. Please see IT Connect for more information.
iOS requires the installation of the Microsoft Remote Desktop app via the App store. Compatibility requirements are iOS 13.0 or later on iPhone, iPad, and iPad Touch.
From off campus, the Husky OnNet VPN is also required. Husky OnNet is currently supported on iOS 10.3 or later. Please see IT Connect for more information.
Android requires the installation of the Microsoft Remote Desktop app via the Google Play store. Compatibility requirements are variable by device. Please visit the Google Play store for more information.
From off campus, the f5 Access app is required for Remote Desktop and can be installed from the Google Play store. Please visit the Google Play store for more information on compatibility.
ChromeOS requires the installation of Google’s Chrome Remote Desktop app from the Chrome Web Store. Please visit the Chrome Web Store for more information on compatibility.
From off campus, the f5 Access app is required for Chrome Remote Desktop and can be installed from the Chrome Web Store. Please refer to Google for more information on compatibility.
Connecting to Remote Desktop
Windows 7 or later
- From on campus, proceed to Step 2. From off campus, first connect to Husky OnNet. For instructions on connecting to Husky OnNet, visit our guide.
- Open Remote Desktop Connection by clicking the Start or Windows button. In the search box, type Remote Desktop Connection, and then, in the list of results, click Remote Desktop Connection.
- In the Computer box, type the name of the computer that you want to connect to, and then click Connect.
Computer Name conventions for UW Bothell managed PC’s follows
“Building Name” - “Room Number” - “Serial Number” .uwb.edu.
For example: LB2-218-22QVK1.uwb.edu
- Windows Security will require authentication from the account authorized to use Remote Desktop. For most users this will be a UWBID, but could also be a NetID.
On a Windows PC, this will autofill with the account which you are currently using. If this is not the account you wish to use, select More Choices, followed by Use a different account.
- Once your credentials are accepted after clicking OK, you may be prompted with a Security Certificate notification. Click Yes and your connection will complete!
Working in Remote Desktop for PC
Once you are connected, remote desktop will function similarly to the physical user experience. The notable exception is CTRL+ALT+DEL. In order to use this key combination while in Remote Desktop, please use instead CRTL+ALT+END.
Also note that, using Sign out from the Start Menu, will sign-out or log-out of the current account on the remote computer. Using Disconnect from the Start Menu or clicking the red X button will disconnect the remote session, but leave the remote computer securely locked in the account being used.
To connect from your home computer, you will need to download the Microsoft Remote Desktop client from the App Store if you do not already have it. An Apple ID is required to download the program. Once installed:
- Locate Microsoft Remote Desktop inside the Applications folder.
- In the window that opens, click on the New icon on the toolbar. Enter the computer name (the Helpdesk will provide this - usually the format will be building-room_number-PC01.uwb.edu [e.g. UW1-100-PC01, etc.]).
- Type in the computer name, your credentials and close the window.
- In My Desktops, double-click on the Remote Computer created from the last step to connect.
- When finished, Disconnect your session.
If you have issues connecting from an off-campus location, check Husky OnNet to make sure that it is still working.
If you still cannot connect, whether that is from off-campus or on-campus, please contact UWB IT.
Still Need Help?
If you need additional assistance, please contact UW Bothell Information Technology:
Call the IT Helpdesk at 425.352.3456
Email the IT Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the IT Helpdesk in LB2-218
Last edited 12/31/2020