2014 DRSCA recipient
New this year, the DRSCA recognizes a UW Bothell faculty member for scholarly or creative achievement that exemplifies the standards of excellence of the research-intensive education environment at UW Bothell. The award will be presented annually.
Dr. Jaffe is internationally recognized for his research in global and regional air pollution and long-range transport of pollution. I am impressed by both the quantity and quality of his research accomplishments. A professor in the School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and a UW Bothell faculty member since 1997, Dr. Jaffe has:
- published more than 125 articles in peer-reviewed journals, and his research articles have been cited more than 3400 times.
- served on numerous panels for the Environmental Protection Agency, the National Aeronautical and Space Administration, the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration, and the National Academy of Sciences.
- received coverage of his work in the media including reports in the New York Times, CNN, KCTS, PBS/NOVA, as well as local news outlets.
- engaged large numbers of undergraduates and graduate students in his research projects from a variety of different programs and schools.
- served as the Principal Investigator on 30 different projects, with total funding in excess of $7 million.
Dan has consistently produced at the highest level and fully represents the values that faculty and students at the University of Washington Bothell have for research, scholarship, and creative activity.