Creating and Changing Undergraduate Programs
Undergraduate Majors, Minors, Options, & Degrees
Creating new undergraduate programs is an extensive process that requires multiple levels of approvals. The process may take twelve to thirty-six months depending on the format of the proposed program. Proposal requirements for new programs are set by the GFO EC. Changes to existing programs are reviewed by Campus Council on Academic Standards and Curriculum (CCASC).
A Notice of Proposal (NOP) must be completed for new programs or substantive changes to existing programs. Please note: An NOP completing tri-campus review is valid for fifteen calendar months after the month the NOP completes tri-campus review. For example: an NOP completing tri-campus review any time in May is valid through the end of August of the following year. A program proposal submitted to the University Curriculum Office after the NOP is no longer valid requires a new NOP submission by the unit.
- Notice of Proposal
- UW Bothell New Program Cover Sheet
- UW Bothell PNOI Cover Sheet
- UWB Curriculum Guide 2023
- Guidelines and requirements for developing new graduate programs are located on the UW Graduate School website.
- Graduate proposals are reviewed by the GFO EC and the Graduate School’s Office of Academic Affairs and Planning.