Vision, Mission, & Values
Within the context of UW Bothell’s vision, mission, values, and strategic plan, the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs' Leadership Council (VLC) provides significant advice and recommendations to the VCAA on core academic matters that cut across schools and other academic units. Core academic matters include academic policy and initiatives, curricular and co-curricular activities across the entirety of the undergraduate and graduate experience, and faculty and academic staff development.
VLC is comprised of the VCAA, the Deans of the five UW Bothell schools, the Associate Vice Chancellor and Dean for Student Success, the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Faculty Success, the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Sponsored Research & Connected Learning, and the Associate Dean of University Libraries & Director of the UWB/CC Library. These leaders are responsible for the various academic units at the University of Washington Bothell.
- VLC is chaired by the VCAA
- If a Dean is unable to serve on VLC on an ongoing basis during the year, with the VCAA’s approval, that School’s Associate Dean or equivalent will assume the role on VLC.
- At the beginning of the academic year, VLC will inform the campus of the group’s priorities for the year.
- Members of VLC serve on key campus-wide committees where academic leadership is important.
- Staff support for VLC is provided through the Office of the VCAA (e.g. website support, scheduling).
- Meetings (2 hours in length) are held twice per month during the academic year (October through June) and less frequently during the summer term. VLC may also engage in additional meetings and retreats as needed.
- Those interested in being part of the formal agenda for a VLC meeting should contact the VCAA’s executive assistant for a request form that will allow optimal scheduling and preparation for the type of engagement expected.
VLC Visit Request
To bring a topic to the VCAA's Leadership Council, please fill out the VLC Visit Request Form and send to Kathryn Rich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current members of the council