We are the campus liaison and point of contact for all campus audits (e.g. UW Internal Audit, State, Federal, foundation, etc.).
If you have questions, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Primary contact with the auditor to determine audit scope, unit contacts and timing.
- Help unit understand how to best work with auditors.
- Accompany unit to the entrance conference, ensuring the audit scope is clearly defined and clarifying roles, contacts and timing.
- Support the unit during fieldwork, such as reviewing documents prepared for the auditor, and helping the unit understand auditor requests.
- Evaluate any auditor requests to expand the scope of the audit.
- Receive draft audit report from the auditor and distribute to appropriate people.
- Review draft report with the unit to determine whether the unit agrees or where there may be disagreements; work with auditor on areas of disagreement.
- Schedule exit conference with auditor and accompany unit to exit conference.
- Assist unit with drafting the “management response” to the audit report.
- Auditors usually follow-up on their recommendations to ensure implementation.
- UW Internal Audit will generally return six months after the audit report is issued for a follow-up audit.
- FAS is the liaison with the auditors and supports the unit through the follow-up audit process.