Frequently Asked Questions

The following is a list of frequently asked questions regarding Intramural Activities at the University of Washington Bothell. Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to read the Participant’s Guide for all policies and procedures.

Building or Finding a Team:

Question: How do I sign up for Intramural Activities?

Answer: Participants looking to put a team together for Intramural Activities must register through the webpage and attend the captain’s meeting prior to the season starting.

Question: How can I participate in Intramural Activities if I do not have a team?

Answer: Intramural Activities has a Free Agent program that assists with finding a team to play on. Free Agents may register on IMLeagues and logging in with a UW or Cascadia email account. Free Agents are also encouraged to contact intramural staff at for assistance find a team.

Question: What Intramural Activities are offered each quarter?

Answer: Information on the activities offered during each quarter can be found by visiting the current quarter’s Schedule page.



Question: Who is eligible to participate in Intramural Activities?

Answer: Current University of Washington Bothell (UWB) and Cascadia College (CC) students may participate for no additional fee other than what is paid with tuition.

University of Washington Bothell (UWB) as well as Cascadia College (CC) faculty and staff are eligible to participate after paying a $35 quarterly fee for a Rec Pass. This can be found on the web portal under memberships.

Question: What do I need to participate in Intramural Activities?

Answer: All participants must present a valid UWB / CC campus or government issued ID card at each event participated in.


At the Game Site:

Question: What is the difference between a default and a forfeit?

Answer: A default occurs when a team captain contacts the staff member in charge of an activity one business day in advance to inform them that their team will be unable to attend their contest. The game is recorded as a loss, but no further action takes place. This may take place twice per sport.

A forfeit occurs when a team does not have the minimum number of players present and signed in at game time. In this case, the game is forfeited and the team receives a loss. The team is removed from the league after forfeiting for a second time.

Question: I signed up for a team and now I would like to switch rosters. What should I do?

Answer: Players wishing to be dropped from a roster may do so only if they have not played in a game for the current season with the team they are wishing to leave. If the player has not competed in the current season with the team they are wishing to leave, they need to contact the staff member in charge of the league to be moved to the new roster.

Question: What kind of situations can I protest?

Answer: Only protests based on questions of player eligibility and rule interpretation (when misinterpretation affects the outcome of the game) will be accepted. Protests that challenge judgment calls made by the officials or Intramural Supervisors will not be accepted. All protest are reviewed by the Intramural Activities Program Manager.

Question: I was ejected from an Intramural event. What should I do?

Answer: All ejected players must meet with the proper administrative staff member before they are permitted to participate in the future. Ejected players are prohibited from participating in any Intramural events until they have had their reinstatement meeting and completed potential suspensions.

Question: When and where are Intramural Activities played?

Answer: Intramural Activities uses a variety of locations during the day and at night. Outdoor field sports are played at the Sports & Recreation Complex. Other activities are held on and off campus depending on the .



Question: What must my team do to be eligible for the playoffs?

Answer: How many teams can be taken to playoffs varies from sport to sport. What will make your team ineligible is having two forfeits in a season. Upon your a second forfeit, the team will be dropped from the league.

Question: What are sporting behavior points? How are they related to Intramural Activities?

Answer: The Intramural Activities program expects all participants to conduct themselves in a sporting behavior-like manner. Sporting behavior points are awarded to teams during each contest, based on how teams conduct themselves during their games/matches. Teams must average at least a 3.5 out of 5 rating to be eligible for the playoffs. In the playoffs, teams with less than a 4 will be reviewed by the Intramural staff to determine if they advance.



Question: I am interested in working for Intramural Activities. What should I do?

Answer: The Activities & Recreation Center and the Intramural Activities program typically hires during the academic spring quarter. However, hiring does occasionally occur during the school year when needed. Interested individuals can email Intramural Activites at to inquire about current openings. Information can also be found on HuskyHires, social media, and posters around campus. Employement is open to UWB and Cascadia College students

Question: Can I participate in Intramural Activities and officiate as well?

Answer: Yes. We often have students working for Recreation & Wellness and participating in our events. Not only is it allowed, it is encouraged!


Accessibility Accommodations

Question: What if I need an accessibility accommodation?

Answer: The University of Washington Bothell is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. For UWB Students to request disability accommodations, contact ARC Intramurals at, Cascadia College Students should contact Accessibility Support Services at 425.352.8128, requests should be made at least 10 days prior to the event.