Equity Across the Curriculum
Historically pandemics have forced humans to break with the past and imagine their world anew. This one is no different. It is a portal, a gateway between one world and the next.
We can choose to walk through it, dragging the carcasses of our prejudice and hatred...Or we can walk through lightly, with little luggage, ready to imagine another world. And ready to fight for it.
- Arundhati Roy, The Pandemic is a Portal
How can UW Bothell foster a community of learners ready to “imagine another world,” one that advances UW Bothell’s goal to strengthen diversity, equity, and inclusion? The Equity Across the Curriculum Initiative explores this question as it relates to liberatory pedagogy and faculty development. It is a peer-to-peer faculty development project co-sponsored by the Office of Academic Affairs, the Learning and Teaching Collaborative and the Office of Diversity and Equity.
- Ching-In Chen (Co-Chair, IAS)
- Natasha Merchant (Co-Chair, SES)
- Cynthia Chang (STEM)
- Raissa DeSmet (IAS)
- Gavin Doyle (IAS and FYPP)
- Nora Kenworthy (SNHS)
- Erika Lee (Student Affairs)
- Jason Morse (IAS and FYPP)
- Alexandria T Musselman (STEM)
- Sarita Shukla (SES)
- Monique Taylor (IAS Advisor)
- Laura Umetsu (BUS)
- Penelope Wood (Campus Library)
Administrative support provided by Richie Meyer (Office of Student Academic Success).