Petitions and forms
This section encompasses all petitions and forms applicable to the IAS Graduate Programs. The petitions and forms can also be accessed either on the MAPS or MFA Degree Resources Canvas.
Accessing Petitions and Forms
The majority of petitions and forms are created as UW Microsoft Forms. They require you to be logged in with your UW NetID account.
To log in with your UW NetID account, try the following:
- Open an incognito window in your browser. (What is an incognito window?)
- You will be prompted to login, either to your UW account or your personal Microsoft account. Choose the UWNetID account and log in.
- Navigate to this page and choose the appropriate form, or copy the link into your URL field.
- Application for Conference/Research Funding: Students are eligible to apply for up to $400 in conference/professional development funding per academic year. Applicants must be matriculated current students and enrolled full-time at the time of the respective conference/professional development opportunity. Funding may be used for conference/workshop registration, lodging, food & drink (not including alcohol), presentation supplies, and transportation. Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding is disbursed in the form of a reimbursement check 4 – 8 weeks after receipts are submitted.
- Application for Community Engagement: Support for IAS graduate students in undertaking public-facing research, education, and engagement activities in partnership with a community organization or site, in alignment with the IAS Mission, Values, and Goals and the IAS Diversity Plan. These funds are available to currently enrolled IAS graduate students who have completed their first academic year of coursework. Projects should be undertaken under academic supervision, as part of a capstone, practicum, thesis, or directed research project, and should include a plan for assessing the outcomes, impact, and process of the collaboration/engagement.
- IAS Retention Award: Students in good standing who are facing adverse circumstances or whose progress is contingent on tuition assistance may also be eligible for retention funds.
- Directed Research & Outside Elective Petition: This petition must be submitted and approved prior to enrolling in any outside course, it should not be submitted for retroactive approval.
- Petition to Change Advisor: To request a change of thesis advisor or second reader. Consultation with the program director and graduate program advisor is encouraged.
- Registration Forms: includes forms for adding or dropping courses past the deadline, and other registration-related requests.
- Human Subjects Review (for Policy Studies)
- Capstone Pre-Proposal and Advisor Nomination Form (for Policy Studies)
- Capstone Proposal Form (for Policy Studies)
- Capstone Manuscript Submission (for Policy Studies)
UW Graduate School
- Master’s Degree Request: To be submitted in the quarter that you plan to graduate only
- Graduate School Forms: Includes forms and petitions for processes such as going on leave or reinstatement
- UW Bothell Measles Immunization
- Additional UW Forms
For Faculty Review and Approval
- Capstone Proposal Review (for Policy Studies faculty)
- Capstone Review and Approval (for Policy Studies faculty)
For questions related to forms, petitions, and related processes, please consult with the IAS Graduate Office.