The Policy Studies minor is designed to provide students with the analytical foundations they will need to understand policy formation, implementation, and evaluation.
Students are advised to pursue minor course work early in their studies to ensure enough time to meet course requirements. Not all courses listed below are offered on a regular basis. Classes for this minor are offered primarily during the day-time hours.
Common Core - 20 Credits
- Microeconomics (BIS 200/B BUS 220 or equivalent)
- BISLEP 302 Introduction to Policy Analysis OR BISGST 324 International Political Economy
- BISLEP 301 Law, Economics and Public Policy OR BIS 338 Political Institutions & Processes
- Statistics (B BUS 215, BIS 315, STAT 220 or STAT 311)
Note: Students pursuing the Law, Economics and Public Policy major are not eligible to complete the minor in Policy Studies.
Methods - 5 Credits
Take one course from the following list:
- BIS 312 Approaches to Social Research
- BES 301 Sciences Methods and Practices
- BHS 300 Principles of Health Research
Elective - 5 Credits
Take one course from the following list of 400 level policy-oriented courses:
*Other appropriate policy area courses by approval including BPOLST 492 Topics in Policy Research.
If you have questions regarding the Policy Studies minor please contact the IAS Advisors at IASadv@uw.edu or Dan Jacoby at firstname.lastname@example.org.