Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid
Meeting the costs of an undergraduate or graduate education is a major investment for many families. It requires planning, careful decision making, and a commitment from both you and your family. We believe that students from all economic backgrounds should have the opportunity to attend the University of Washington Bothell and that finances should not be a barrier.
News & Updates:
Phishing scams are running rampant during these times.
Do not share any personal information such as user names/passwords, social security numbers, or credit card numbers with an unsolicited call or email.
The latest phishing scam circulation amongst our UW population is the "Recalculation of Your Tax Refund Payment" email. It appears to be from a @uw.edu email address.
Go here for more information on how to protect yourself for phishing scams.
Following the best current guidelines for protecting the health of our employees, students, and the public we are providing all of our services remotely until further notice.
The UW Bothell's Financial Aid Office will be open remotely Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
A financial aid representative will be available by phone during normal service hours: 8:30-10:00am and 1:30-4:30pm, Monday through Friday, 425-352-5240.
Email remains open as usual, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can drop-in during our Zoom drop-in advising hours, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1:00-4:00pm
- We are not scheduling appointments, but you can drop in to meet with one of our counselors during our drop-in times.
- Click on our orange "Drop-in" button found on the upper right hand corner of this page.
- Login to Navigate with your UW NetID to drop-in during our advising hours.
- Look for the "View Drop-in Availability" button and click.
- You will be placed in a virtual waiting room until a counselor is available to meet with you.
The 2021-2022 FAFSA and WASFA is available to complete now!!! Apply before January 15, 2021 for priority consideration.
You can still submit your 2021-2022 application even though it's after the priority application date. You will be considered for the Federal Pell Grant and the Federal Direct Loans.
Financial Aid Info
If your financial aid has not disbursed check to see if:
- you are registered in full time credits (12 credits for undergraduate & 10 credits graduate).
- your document review has been completed.
- there are any holds on your account.
- You can meet with one of our counselors during our drop-in hours.
- Or, you can call during our regular phones hours to speak with a financial aid representative.
- If you need to submit a document(s) to our office please make use of our Docusign option.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office immediately if your aid has not disbursed so that we can review your status.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress - COVID 19
- The winter, spring, summer, and autumn quarters of 2020 were extraordinary as a result of the COVID 19 pandemic. Please read the updated information on Satisfactory Academic Progress policy for the winter, spring, summer, and autumn 2020 quarters only here.
- You can still submit your 2020-2021 application even though it's after the priority application date. You will be considered for the Federal Pell Grant, the Washington College Grant (if you're a Washington resident), and the Federal Direct Loans.
To Be Considered For All Financial Aid Programs:
Be sure to complete the FAFSA or the WASFA by the priority application date of January 15th.
The priority application date is for students admitted during the summer, autumn, winter, or spring quarters. So don't wait to be admitted to complete your FAFSA or WASFA.
The University of Washington Federal Code is 003798.
COVID-19 News & Updates
Click HERE for COVID-19 and your UW Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions.
To speak with a Financial Aid Counselor, Drop-In Hours below:
Wednesday 1:00 - 4:00pm
Thursday 1:00 - 4:00pm
Priority Application Date: January 15th
UW Federal Code 003798
New to FAFSA? Visit following link for basic instructions
7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA
1:00pm - 4:00pm
1:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday:
8:30am - 10:00am &
1:30pm - 4:30pm
*Include your UW Student ID# on all emails and voice messages
Financial Aid & Scholarships
17927 113th AVE NE
Bothell, WA 98011