Sponsored Research Staff
Director, UW Bothell Sponsored Programs
A Certified Research Administrator and UW Bothell OSP here to assist in the wide-range aspects of research administration for UW Bothell.
UW Authorized signing official
Assistant Vice Chancellor
Assistant Vice Chancellor responsible for supporting all aspects of research administration and connected learning for the UW Bothell campus.
Budget Fiscal Analyst Lead
Leena is a Fiscal Analyst focused on reconciling budgets, collecting GCCRs, and clarifying fiscal compliance within the grants world.
Administrative and Communications Manager
Website, marketing and communications. Supports the Offices of Sponsored Research and Connected Learning.
Supports the Offices of Sponsored Research and Connected Learning with administrative work.
Supports the Offices of Sponsored Research and Connected Learning with administrative and communications work.
Sponsored Research – UW Bothell
17927 113th AVE NE
Bothell, WA 98011
Office of Sponsored Research Services
Not sure who to contact? Most of our staff is cross-trained in many services.
- Carolyn Brennan – looking for opportunities, grant writing and development, early career development
- Cindy Shirley – budget development, kick-off meetings with PIs
- Leena Perera – creates eGC1s for UW Bothell faculty
- Cindy Shirley – manages Faculty Effort Certifications (FECs)
- Leena Perera – fiscal compliance contact, manages Grant and Contract Certification Reports (GCCRs) for staff effort, approves cost transfers for faculty, reconciles all grant budgets for faculty, quarterly check-ins and kick-off meetings with UW Bothell faculty PIs.
- Sarah Verlinde-Azofeifa – posts new award announcements on blog.
Office of Sponsored Programs
In addition to her role in the Office of Sponsored Research, Cindy Shirley also serves UW Bothell with a dotted-line to the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) in Seattle. OSP reviews and submits proposals to external sponsors and accepts funding on behalf of the University for research, instruction, and other sponsored activity.
OSP supports the research community by establishing policies related to sponsored program funding, providing guidance and consultation, and serving as a formal liaison with the sponsor on administrative changes throughout the life of the award. Cindy is available to answer questions related to your project.
Indirect Cost Recovery Distribution
The indirect cost recovery division at UW Bothell is as follows: 60% of the funds received go to the Office of Sponsored Research. The remaining 40% go to the School/Center, who have their own distribution guidelines. Calculation takes place after the year end and distribution generally happens in the fall.
This unit is now located under the Connected Learning.
- Annual Reports FY2023, FY2022, FY2021, FY2020
- UW Bothell Award Reports in detail: 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013.