Accessibility accommodations

The University of Washington is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, and activities. Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made at least 14 days before your Orientation & Transition Programs event to Orientation & Transition Programs, 425.352.5266 or

Rental equipment

Please note that the University of Washington and Orientation & Transition Programs does not provide medical equipment on campus, including, but not limited to wheelchairs or golf carts. We can, however, direct you to the appropriate resources. Many of these external resources require at least ten (10) business days to process a request, so please plan accordingly.

Wheelchair and Medical Equipment Rental Resources

Movement and sound

Orientation includes movement across campus. There will be large and small classroom settings. Amplified sound and technology will be used throughout the session.

  • First Year(autumn admits) | As part of orientation, there will be a physical tour of campus. The tour will last approximately 45 minutes. If you need assistance or have questions about participating in the tour, please let an orientation staff member know and we are happy to provide the information in a different way.
  • Transfer Students | As part of orientation, you will need to attend a fully remote A&O. For this, you will need access to a computer and internet.
  • Winter, Spring and Summer quarter Admits | As part of orientation, you will need to attend a fully remote A&O. For this, you will need access to a computer and internet.

To preview campus wayfinding information visit the UW Bothell Accessibility webpage.

Personal Aids

Your personal aids are more than welcome to attend A&O with you! We request that you contact our office at to notify us if someone will be joining you so we can have a name tag created for them. Lunch will be provided for aids assisting students. However, parking will not be included. The UW does not provide assistants, these are aids you have secured on your own.

Accessible parking

If you are planning to drive to campus, UWB Commuter Services provides more information on accessible parking permits. Permits are required of all vehicles parked on campus. For more information, visit the Commuter Services website.

Access to technology

If you do not have access to a laptop/tablet or stable internet for Advising & Orientation, please fill contact OTP ( or 425.352.5266).

Please note: For access to technology throughout the academic school year, please go to UW’s Student Technology Loan website for more information.

Disability Resources for Students

Disability Resources for Students (DRS) is where eligible students begin the process of filing for accommodations during the academic school year. Students with temporary or permanent physical, health, learning, sensory, or psychological disabilities may be eligible to work with the office to establish appropriate services for the individual. Please go to their site to begin this filing process or to log into an existing account. We recommend that you begin this process at least 30 business days before the start of the academic quarter.