On-Campus Employment

What Kind of On-Camps Jobs Can I Do?

There are a lot of on-campus jobs for international students, such as working as a tutor for the QSC or Writing & Communication Center (WACC), or student programs through Student Engagement & Activities Office.

Students have also held positions in academic departments, such as a course grader, research assistant, or student assistant.

How Do I Find an On-Campus Job?

Career Services is the best place to check for current on-campus job opportunities. Information about jobs are listed here and through the weekly email you receive from Career Center called “Career Center News”.

I Found an On-Campus Job! What Do I Do Next?

You landed your first on-campus job, fantastic! Your supervisor will give you some paperwork to complete so that you can be enrolled in the UW Bothell payroll system. This paperwork can sometimes be confusing, so we encourage you to look through this helpful guide on How to Complete Form 1007.

In addition, if you don’t already have a Social Security Number, you can now apply for one! Please visit the SSN information for your next steps.

F-1 Immigration Rules to Follow

  • Employment at UW Seattle, UW Tacoma and Cascadia are not permitted.
  • On-campus work must perform a service to students on the UWB campus.
  • You are limited to 20 hours/week while class is in session. Note: UW Bothell’s payroll department limits you to 19.5 hours/week while class is in session.
  • You are only allowed to work on-campus while you are an enrolled student or a transfer student that has released their SEVIS record to UWB.
  • You cannot work beyond your program end date.