Valid permit required at all times
Vehicles parked on campus must have a valid parking permit or pay for a daily parking permit. Payment for parking is required and enforced 24/7. This applies to all campus members and visitors.
Purchasing parking permits
Any UW Bothell and Cascadia College student, staff, or faculty member with a valid UW Net ID is eligible to purchase a multi-day parking permit through the Bothell Campus Parking Portal. Daily permits may be purchased at a pay station or by using the PayByPhone app.
If you have Cascadia credentials but no UW Net ID, visit the Cascadia website to create a UW Net ID prior to visiting the Bothell Campus Parking Portal. It takes 48 hours for your new Net ID credentials to become active. Do not attempt to log in prior to the 48 hours. DO NOT create a visitor account while waiting for your NETID to populate into the parking portal.
Annual and quarterly permits
All quarterly and annual parking permit transactions are processed online via the Parking Portal.
To purchase a quarterly or annual permit, log on to the parking portal using your UW Net ID. Proceed to the Cashier’s Office located in Husky Hall to make payment with cash or check. Please note, all parking permits are virtual and your credentials will be validated through your license plate number, it is important that you key in the correct license plate number. Visit the Virtual Permits page for more information.All eligible employees choosing payroll deduction will order their permit online and agree to the terms shown on the Parking Portal to authorize their payroll deduction.
Carpool permits can be purchased online via the Parking Portal. For more information, visit the Carpools & Rideshare page.
For Carpool permits, purchase the permit online, then submit form online during purchase at the Parking Portal. All vehicles must be registered to the parking permit for use while parked on campus.
Daily parking permits can be purchased at the Pay Stations or with PayByPhone. Always make sure to enter the correct license plate number. Washington plates are seven characters in length- first 3 characters are letters and remaining 4 are numbers. Ex: ABC-1234.
Pay Stations are located at the entrance of parking garages and lots. The daily rate is $2.00/hour and $10.00/day (or all day). After 5 hours the $10.00 rate should apply. For permit prices visit the Rates page. Please note the following:
- Pay station does not give any change in cash or coins.
- If there are any issues with payment at the pay station, please contact Commuter Services by phone at 425.352.3369.
You can now pay for parking in most Bothell Campus parking areas with a few taps on your phone. When you’re ready to park, select your parking location and the amount of time you want to park.
You do not need to display a receipt on your vehicle or use a pay station if you pay for parking with the app. Parking permissions are validated with vehicle’s plate number. All parking rates and policies remain the same, regardless of how you pay for parking. Refunds are not available.
Get started with PayByPhone
To register, download the PayByPhone app and enter your license plate and payment information. You can also use an existing account (for example, if you’ve already been using the app to pay for street parking).
- Download the app from the Google Play Store, the iOS App store or the Windows store.
- You can also sign up on the PayByPhone website or call 1-888-680-7275 to register.
- Learn more: How PayByPhone works
- For help with PayByPhone purchases, including correcting a purchasing error, call the PayByPhone customer support line at 1-877-610-2054
Where to park with PayByPhone
There are select locations where PayByPhone is valid. You may park in any general parking space in the valid area you select on the app. The app may be used to pay for disabled parking. A valid disability parking placard (UW or state-issued) must be displayed at all times.
Currently active lots:
- All main campus lots, Husky Hall, and UW Beardslee Building (Enter area code 62000). Only park in campus permit designated spaces.
- UW Beardslee Crossing (Enter area code 62001). Be sure to only park in UWB designated spaces.
- Campus Way (Enter area code 62002)
PayByPhone parking cannot be used for:
- Faculty/Staff spaces on level 1 of North Garage
Benefits of PayByPhone
- Receive text message reminders about parking expiration time
- Easy to register: you can choose to pay without an account too
- Pay with your preferred card, including Apple Pay or Google Pay
Permit refund policy
The following are the refund deadlines:
- No parking permit refunds after the 31st calendar day of the quarter.
- Parking permits can be canceled through the 7th calendar day of the quarter with a full refund.
- Refund requested from the 8th through the 30th calendar day of the quarter qualify for a 50 percent refund.
- Proof of withdrawal from the quarter grants a full refund. With the exception being the academic annual permit, where as any unused quarters would be eligible for refund.
To request for a refund prior to the refund deadline, please email Commuter Services with your UW Net ID information.& Credit Card purchases will be refunded back to the original credit card. Cash or check purchases will refunded in the form of a check issued to the permit holder.
If you are a staff/faculty member, with a payroll deducted permit, please visit the Staff Faculty Payroll page.
Residents can email questions to the Housing Office.
The Bothell Campus Commuter Services office does not manage, sell parking permits, or maintain parking at the Husky Village Student Housing property. Please direct residential parking questions to Housing.
Add additional vehicles to a permit
All permits (except for resident parking permits) are allowed to associate up to 4 vehicles with a parking permit. Please note only one vehicle may be parked on campus per day. To add additional vehicles to your parking permit, please follow the steps outlined in the document below:
Retiree parking permit
If you are a fully retired employee from UW Bothell campus and occasionally come to campus, please email Commuter Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Commuter Services prior to your visit to arrange a one-day permit.
Rehired retiree parking permit
For those that are rehired at 40% FTE you are eligible to receive a 50% discount off a quarterly permit. This permit must be paid through payroll deduction.
RV & motorhome parking
No unauthorized overnight parking of RV or motorhomes is permitted on campus.
Privacy notice for license plate recognition for parking management
The Privacy Notice applies to individuals who provide personal data to the University of Washington, in connection with vehicle license plate recognition hardware and software for parking systems at the UW and Cascadia College campus’s parking lots and structures. For additional information on the Privacy Notice regarding the collection, use, and sharing of personal data, please visit the webpage, Privacy Notice for License Plate Recognition.
Parking Off Campus
All students, staff, and faculty represent UW Bothell / Cascadia College. If parking off-campus, we ask that you be courteous to and conscious of our UW Bothell community neighbors. This includes, but is not limited to, leaving room for residents to turn out of their driveways; not parking in front of fire hydrants or mailboxes, and taking all your trash with you. We take great pride in being a respectful neighbor in our community.
Parking locations on campus
- South Garage, (closest to UW1, UW2 & Library buildings and Bookstore)
- South Surface lots (one located on NE 180th St., and one lot south of the South Garage)
- North Garage (closest to Cascadia College)
- Chase House lot (located east of the South Garage)
- Campus Way NE (load zones and disability parking available)
- West Garage (located on 110th Ave NE)
- Truly Lot (located west of Discovery Hall on 110th Ave NE)
Husky Hall Room 1450
17927 113th Ave NE
Bothell WA 98011
Office Hours: 9AM-4PM, Monday-Friday