Receiving Your Diploma

Students receive their diploma approximately three months after the quarter in which they have graduated. The diploma is mailed to the permanent address listed on MyUW.

General Diploma Information

UW diplomas list your name, the degree you earned, and any applicable honors. Majors, minors, options, and concentrations are not listed on UW diplomas.

All UW Bothell diplomas are 8.5 by 11 inches.

Diploma Name and Diploma Mailing Address

A student’s Diploma Name does not have to match their Student Record Name. Students can have their diploma issued in the name of their choice by providing that name information into the Diploma Name and Address form prior to graduation. This is also where students provide the mailing address for their diploma delivery. Students who do not provide their Diploma Name or mailing address via the form in time for their graduation date and/or diploma order will have their diplomas issued using their Student Record Name and delivered to their current mailing address.

Undeliverable Mail

Please be advised that the University of Washington is not responsible for any undeliverable diploma mail. Graduates may request and purchase a replacement diploma in the event their diploma does not arrive to the provided diploma mailing address or is not returned to the Registrar’s office by the postal service.

Replacement Diplomas

The University of Washington offers Certified Electronic Diplomas and Certificates (CeDiploma/CeCertificate) at no cost. We encourage you to review our Certified Electronic Diploma (CeDiploma) webpage. The CeDiploma is an electronic diploma that is a true replication of your paper diploma and can be authenticated by the recipient. (CeDiplomas are only available for conferral dates beginning Spring 2016.)

If you would like to order a hard copy (not electronic), the University of Washington offers students the ability to directly order Replacement Diplomas by using our online ordering system and to pay for the order charge, plus applicable shipping and handling fees with a credit card.

Purchase Replacement Diploma

  1. Log into the Replacement Diploma Request Portal
  2. Follow the instructions to purchase
  3. There is a $20.00 charge plus any applicable shipping and handling fees

University Records Name

To change your name on your University records you must complete a Change of Name form and provide appropriate legal documentation. May include:

  • Marriage license/certificate
  • Court order
  • Divorce decree
  • Passport
  • Permanent visa

You must also submit a document that states your date of birth, a photograph and a signature.

See UW Name Change Policy for additional information.