Obtaining a Husky Card



Newly admitted students and those who are currently registered for credits are eligible to obtain their UW ID cards (Husky Cards).

Faculty & staff

Permanent and fixed duration employees are eligible for a Husky ID Card. Employees generally do not become eligible for a Husky Card prior to their UW official start date. Temporary/hourly employees who meet the eligibility requirements for the fully subsidized U-PASS may also qualify for a Husky Card. For information regarding the conditions of and eligibility for the subsidized benefit, see Human Resource’s website.

Obtaining a Husky Card

Eligible students, faculty & staff may obtain their Husky Card by visiting the Enrollment Services desk on the lower level of Summit Hall during walk-in service hours. You will need to have your UW student/employee ID number and U.S. state- or federally-issued photo identification with you (such as a driver’s license or passport). We do not accept high school IDs.

Photo requirements

If you are a new incoming student, faculty or staff obtaining your first Husky Card you may use this portal to submit your official photo. Please visit this site for photo requirements and upload instructions. Please note that successful submission of your photo does not constitute a request for the printing of your Husky Card.

Students who already have a Husky Card or who have previously submitted a photo are not eligible to submit another one through the online portal. If you’d like to take a new photo you may visit the Summit Hall – Lower Level or contact uwbreg@uw.edu for assistance.