SPECIAL NOTE: Regular STF meetings from 10-11am have been canceled. Special meetings will begin at 11am starting from 1/26/18 in ARC 210.
STF Committee Meetings take place every Friday from 10-11am in ARC 210. Special Note: This regular meeting has been changed to 11-12pm starting 1/26. Watch for updates!
About the Student Technology Fee
The Student Technology Fee was established to help supplement the availability of technology to UWB students and to provide opportunities for innovative facilities and projects that require capital investment. Each year, the STF Committee solicits a variety of student technology proposals for projects that meet the demonstrated technology needs of students and allow them to further their education and research goals.
The fee supplements University or external funding of technology for student use. Money from the fee is not used to fund items that should properly be funded by legislative or administrative funds. If funding is critical to a programs curriculum, this is not the appropriate funding source. Funding for projects are made on a yearly-basis, hence proposals made to the committee should not be contingent upon subsequent years of funding.
Proposals must show that the primary benefit is to students, include a summary of student input, provide a long term plan for operation, and address issues of student access. The committee does not fund: equipment used for classroom instruction, ongoing maintenance and supply costs, salary for full-time or part-time staff or students, or wireless networking outside of the University’s central deployment.
2017- 2018 Application Process
Funding Cycle - This is the last funding cycle for the year. The next funding cycle will take place in Winter of 2019.
AVAILABLE FUNDS- $1,762,763
Instructions for Submitting Proposals
2. All proposals must be reviewed by Dan Sullivan, Jim Pilon, and Tim Rhoades before they are submitted to the STF committee. See application worksheet for contact information. You should submit these for their review by March 14th. IT must also give you a statement on limitations of support.
3. Change the name of the worksheet file to the title of your before you submit it online. For instance: android_tutors.pdf
4. Proposals must be submitted by email to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 21st.
Applicants will be notified the week of March 25th if a hearing is requested for their proposal. Hearing dates and times will be April 6th, April 13th, and April 20th. A preliminary budget will be announced the week of May 6th and the final budget will be voted on by May 25th. Budgets will be available for use by July 15th and must be spent by June 1st, 2019, unless you are making a long-term request.
How to join the STF Committee
The Student Technology Fee (STF) Committee is a yearly committee of students appointed by the ASUWB. We are responsible for reviewing proposals related to the $42/quarter technology fee that each student pays, and making funding recommendations to ASUWB. Proposals on how the money should be spent can be submitted by any current student, faculty, or staff member of UWB.
As a member of the Student Technology Fee (STF) Committee you will:
- Meet weekly throughout the academic year. Every Friday from 10-11am
- Review proposals on how the STF money should be spent.
- Allocate STF funding with stipulations (approximately $400,000).
- Explore methods and guidelines to maximize the benefit that the STF has on the student population.
- Must be a current student at UWB, enrolled in at least five credits for autumn, winter, and spring terms.
- Must be in good academic and behavioral standing (as defined by UWB General Catalog and the Student Conduct code) at the time of application and while serving as a member of the STF Committee.
- Must be able to meet weekly on Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. during the regular academic year.