STFC meetings will be held virtually via Zoom to discuss essential and necessary items only.
The meeting link can be found in the "Meeting Minutes" section under "Agenda" for the next schedule meeting.
About the Student Technology Fee
The Student Technology Fee (STF) Committee comprises of current UW Bothell students appointed by the ASUWB. Members are responsible for reviewing proposals related to the $42/quarter technology fee that each currently enrolled student pays.
Some responsibilities of the STF Committee include:
- Coordinate funding recommendations to the ASUWB.
- Meet weekly throughout the academic year; Every Friday from 2-4pm.
- Review proposals on how the STF funds should be spent.
- Allocate STF funding (approximately $2,100,000) with stipulations.
- Explore methods and guidelines to maximize the benefit that the STF has on the student population.
Proposals can be submitted by any current student, faculty, or staff member of the UWB. However, money from the fee is not used to fund items that would otherwise be funded by legislative or administrative funds. Funding for projects are made on a yearly basis.
To be considered proposals must:
- Show that the primary benefit is to students.
- Not be contingent on subsequent years of funding.
- Include a summary of student input, long-term plan for operation, and address issues of student accessibility.
Please Note: The committee does not fund equipment used for classroom instruction, ongoing maintenance and supply costs, salary for full-time or part-time staff/students; or wireless networking outside of the University’s central deployment
2020- 2021 Application Process
The STF Committee no longer taking STF Applications.
AVAILABLE FUNDS - $3,100,000
- Final application deadline was 11:59 pm on April 7th
- Hearing notification by 6:00 pm on April 16th
- Hearings for selected applications between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm on April 23rd and between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm on April 30th
- Tentative decisions announced by 6:00 pm on May 14th
- Hearings for appeals between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm on June 4th
- Final decisions will be announced by 6:00 pm on June 11th
Instructions for Submitting Proposals:
- Read the following document: STF Guidelines.
- All proposals must be reviewed by Adri MacArthur (IT), Dan Sullivan (Facilities), Megan DeVeau and in some cases David Moehring (Space Planning) if your proposal requires physical space on campus. Please give staff two weeks for them to review before submitting your application. Please email them a copy of your proposal and any additional information along with the letter of considerations below. They will the contact you with any concerns they may have that you can then address in your application. You can use the following worksheet for your proposal: 20-21 STF Application workheet.
4. Every proposal must be signed by either a Dean, Director, or Vice Chancellor, verifying that their organization will take responsibility for the equipment purchased through the proposal.
5. Fill out funding application via google form.
How to Join the STF Committee
----------> Applications closed for the 2021-2022 academic year <----------