New Student Networks
New Student Network Initiative
New Student Networks (NSN) provide tailored support for students with unique transitional needs who self-identify with one or more of the offered networks.
- Build community around each of the identity groups
- Socially establish a greater community that reflects all identities
- Assist in successful transitions for academic and social success:
- Refer new students to campus departments, offices, clubs, and organizations
- Produce a comprehensive resource list that will be available for Network members to access
- Provide more programs and information for underrepresented transitioning students
- Support new students throughout their first year
- Assess how OTP contributes to retention efforts of incoming students
- Better respond to the demands and needs of UWB’s invisible identities
- Connect students with fellow peers whom they can relate to and connect with in their transition to UW Bothell
Orientation & Transition Programs recognizes that there are many identities that have a unique transition, including identities that are not currently supported by a Network. Each year, Orientation & Transition Programs intends to adjust networks to best serve the current population. If you would like to suggest a network, please email us at email@example.com.