UW Bothell Collaboratory
Summer open hours: Monday - Thursday from 11:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Discovery Hall room 152
The UW Bothell Collaboratory is a creative and open environment that allows you to work on academic and personal projects as a team or individually. The space provides equipment, materials, and training needed for co-creating physical and/or digital prototypes, art, and other work products. Our current focus is to continue developing and evolving this into a space that is inviting and welcoming to students of all majors, pre-majors, graduates, and interest levels.
We are hiring for the Student Staff position!
- We are actively looking for another student staff member! Please see the job posting here for more details and to apply! We do not require any previous experience, so everyone is encouraged to apply. This is a great paid opportunity to work on a small team, learn new skills, work with various machines such as 3D printers, and help others with their projects!
- Our new hours for summer quarter are Monday - Thursday from 11am - 5pm. These hours are subject to change. The space may be still be reserved as normal for events on our room reservation page.
We will be hosting several workshops on how to use some of the most commonly used machines and tools in the space, such as the 3D printers, laser cutters, and sewing machines. Check out the following links to register for one:
Select display (list or summary)
All new users must complete the Collaboratory User Agreement before using any Collaboratory resources. Please see the list below for available services.
- If you wish to complete a project using the Collaboratory equipment, please visit the space in-person and talk to a staff member. We will no longer be accepting remote service requests. We do not mail any equipment, materials, or prints.
- If you require assistance or consultation for a project, we are available to help you in-person Monday through Thursday from 11:00am to 5:00pm. Please send us an email to email@example.com or visit us in DISC-152.
- There will be several events throughout the quarter we will be participating in and/or hosting. If you are interested in attending, please see the workshop and events calender for details on when, where, and how you can participate.
If you have other questions or requests, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Make sure you use your UW netID email when filling out any online forms. If you see a page saying are not allowed access to a form, please open the form link in a new private window and sign into Google using your UW email where you will then be redirected to the UW sign in page.
New to the Collaboratory is the addition of Digital Badges! These badges are a form of digital credentialing that you can earn and show off as proof of your knowledge and experience in a specific topic, such as 3D printing. Upon request, a staff member can issue you a badge if you have completed each of the requirements for the badge. See our Digital Badges page for a list of all the current badges we have to offer.
Check out the UW Bothell Badgr page to see all the badges the Collaboratory, and other campus units have on offer. This site is where all your earned badges will be kept, so we recommend creating an account using a personal email so you will have access to your badges after graduating.
See inside the Collaboratory and how some students use this space in this great video! (Please note this was back when we were known as the "Makerspace")
Locations & directions
The Collaboratory is located on the 1st floor of Discovery Hall, in room DISC-152. View Discovery Hall 1st floor building map. The Truly House is located directly in front of the West Parking Garage and next to the top surface parking lot of Discovery Hall. View the UW Bothell Campus map.
*We're unable to service Cascadia College students, staff, or faculty at this time.