Make an Appointment
Current Pre-Major students
Current Pre-major students have a variety of advising options. You can:
- Meet directly with a pre-major advisor (Appointments or Drop-In Advising)
- Get quick questions (Drop-In Advising) answered from our student peer advisors
- Receive advising guidance via email
- Meet with a pre-health advisor
For general questions, contact us directly at:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 425-352-3427
Are you already enrolled in a major at UW Bothell?
Students admitted into a major should meet with their Major Advisor. Visit your school’s website to find your advisor.
Are you a prospective student?
Students not admitted to UW Bothell are encouraged to meet with an Admissions Advisor.
Who is my advisor?
Pre-Major students are assigned an advisor based on academic areas of interest. Check Navigate to see who your Pre-Major Advisor is. Once admitted to a major, students will meet with their major advisor.
Need fast advising support?
During peak registration times (first week of the quarter and Registration Period 1) the Pre-Major Advisors become very busy and Pre-Major students may have to wait two weeks or longer to get an advising appointment. Drop-in advising can help you see an Advisor right away!
Note: This service is available during autumn, winter and spring quarters (excluding finals week and breaks between quarters).
Pre-Major Quick Question Drop-In Advising is available either in-person at the Student Success Center, or online via Zoom.
|Monday||9:00am – 4:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am – 4:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am – 4:00pm|
|Thursday||10:00am – 4:00pm|
For Zoom Drop-In, Please Note:
- You can access the Drop-In Link here: https://washington.zoom.us/j/8097884962
- You will be required to sign in using your UW Net ID & password
- The Zoom meeting room may close earlier than the posted end time if there are lots of students in the waiting room …more students = earlier closing so we can help students in the waiting room and end on time. If you are unable to access the waiting room, please email email@example.com and we can work to help you over email.
- Wait times will be dependent on the number of students who are in the waiting room before you.
- Students will be seen in the order they checked in via the Zoom waiting room. If you leave the waiting room you will lose your place in line.
- Drop-in advising sessions are generally 10 minutes or less.
Pre-Major student can receive advising support by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list your UW ID number and include a brief explanation of the help you are seeking. An advisor will respond within 2-3 business days.
|Monday – Thursday||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
UW Bothell students pursuing health professions such as: Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, etc. may schedule an appointment with the Pre-Health Advisor using this link: Pre-Health Advising Appointment. Pre-Health Advising is available through Career Services and provides support for students in the areas of exploring health careers, preparing for health careers (internships/job shadowing), and applying for careers/graduate programs in health (application review, test preparation, personal statements, letters of recommendation).
Current UW Bothell students have two options for connecting with academic advisors for help with degree options, degree requirements, and course sequencing.
- Pre-major students: If you are not yet in a major and have general advising questions, please contact Pre-Major Advising at email@example.com
- Students in majors: If you have already been accepted to a major, please contact the advisor for your program. Advisor contact information can be found via the Degree Programs page.