Application deadlines for Fall quarter admission to our Bothell and Bellevue locations is:
May 1 (priority consideration)
June 1 (regular deadline)
It's important to plan the courses you will take prior to applying for admission to the UW Bothell School of Business.
- Applicants can refer to this grid of approved Prerequisite Courses.
- All applicants for whom English is a non-native language must provide proof of English Language Proficiency by providing scores that meet the University's minimum on one of the following exams or through one of the alternative options listed in the writing competency or assessment section below.
- Consider which UW Bothell School of Business location you're interested in attending. We accept application for:
- Fall, Winter, and Spring for our Bothell location
- Fall and Winter for our Bellevue location
Candidates are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Previous academic performance (cumulative and business prerequisite GPA)
- Completion of all prerequisite courses
- Personal statement
- Demonstration of the relationship between academic opportunities and the candidate's professional career goals
- Results of the writing competency option
- Likelihood of success in the degree program
School of Business Requirements
Students applying to the UW Bothell School of Business must have completed at least seven of the following courses at the time of application. All prerequisite coursework -- the nine Business prerequisites below, plus 10 credits of English composition -- must be completed prior to beginning the program.
- Financial Accounting I
- Financial Accounting II
- Managerial Accounting
- Introduction to Statistics
- Introduction to Law or Business Law
- Calculus or Business Calculus
- English Compositions
Transfer students may see equivalent transferable courses in the Prerequisite Courses Grid.
Minimum Academic Performance Requirements*
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for admission to either our Bothell or Bellevue locations.
- A minimum of 60 transferrable quarter credits
- A cumulative GPA (grade-point average) of at least a 2.5 in all college coursework.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0 in all business prerequisites.
- Applicants to the Accounting Option must earn a minimum 2.5 grade in all accounting prerequisites and a cumulative 3.0 average across accounting courses.
- Applicants must also complete 10 credits of English composition to meet eligibility requirements.
*Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Competitive applications for our Bothell location have the following qualities:
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.0
- Cumulative college GPA of 3.0
- A positive grade trend with few to no repeats
- Qualifying English proficiency scores (if needed) on the SAT/ACT, TOEFL/IELTS, or WSA
If you meet the minimum academic performance requirements but your application contains few or none of the above competitive qualities, you may benefit from the smaller class sizes and cohort model of our Bellevue location.
Minimum University Requirements
In addition to the School of Business requirements, students must complete the general university requirements listed below prior to graduation. Some of the above courses count towards general university requirements.
- Foreign language: Two years in high school or 10 credits of one foreign language at the college level
- Mathematics: Fulfilled by the calculus prerequisite
- Reasoning: Fulfilled by the statistics prerequisite
- Writing: 15 credits, which must include English composition and advanced composition. Students still requiring 5 additional credits upon admissions may complete this requirement with BBUS 307, Business Writing.
- Arts & Humanities: 15 credits
- Social Sciences: 20 credits and must include
- Microeconomics: Fulfilled by the microeconomic prerequisite
- Macroeconomics: Fulfilled by the macroeconomics prerequisite
- Business law: Fulfilled by the law prerequisite
- One additional course (i.e., psychology, sociology, or anthropology)
- Natural Sciences: 15 credits and must include
- Two additional courses (i.e., biology or chemistry)
- Electives: to complete 90 transferable credits
Please submit all materials to the UW Bothell Admissions Office. The following items should be submitted by the application deadline:
1. Application Form
a. Transfer, International and Returning students complete one application to both UW Bothell and the School of Business.
b. Current Bothell students submit an internal application online please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions relating to the application process.
- Internal Application to the Bothell or Bellevue campuses.
- The online application login requires all students to use their UW email address.
2. Unofficial Transcripts
Provide one unofficial transcript from each college or university you have attended with your application.
Until further notice, the UW Bothell School of Business will use three pathways for writing assessment admissions requirement:
This only applies to UW Bothell School of Business applicants. Please check the website for UW Tacoma and UW Seattle admissions requirements.
4. Personal Statement
A written personal statement is required with your application as part of our holistic review. In your statement, please address the following:
- Your preparation and motivation to pursue upper-division studies in business.
- Your ability to contribute to the educational experience of other students at either our Bothell or Bellevue campus.
- Other factors that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider (i.e., academic or personal challenges).
Prepare a resume (maximum one page in length) that includes education, employment, volunteer/extracurricular activities, and interests. Submit with application.