Senior Program Manager
Jaspreet Kaur is a Program Management professional with over 12 years of experience across technical and analytical domain. I started my career in 2009 with Morgan Stanley in Mumbai (India), supporting Analytics programs for launching investment banking products. Relocated to Seattle in early 2014 and worked for Microsoft in consulting role driving Social Intelligence programs. Then spent over 5 years with Amazon in the role of a Technical Program Manager to drive feature launches for Alexa Skills Security & Monitoring platform. In Aug 2021, I joined Microsoft as Senior Cloud Security Program Manager in the Microsoft's Digital security division. My charter at Microsoft is focused on enabling Microsoft to build the most trusted products and services, while keeping our company safe and our data protected. I have been volunteering as a Tech Resilience Mentor through Microsoft and also an advisor with builtbygirls - mentoring college grads who are looking for guidance on navigating through career possibilities and develop coveted skills. I love to dedicate my time in promoting Diversity & Inclusion at workplace. Outside of work, I enjoy spending time outdoors with family. I love to cook and practice yoga.
Connect with Jaspreet on LinkedIn.
Jaspreet on mentorship
I am passionate about dedicating my time to mentoring college students, providing guidance navigating through career options in Tech, helping them understand and embrace the power of diversity, resume building and identifying/exploring learning opportunities that aligns with their interests. I have experience mentoring college students through non-profit organizations, successfully helping students pursue their career goals and building network.
- Careers in Program and project Management
- Resume building, interview tips and technical writing.
- How to make career in Tech even if you do not have a formal degree or background in technology domain.
- How growth mindset can help you push boundaries on personal goals.
- Building resilience.
Favorite books and learning resources
- The Dip by Seth Godin - This book offers very simple nuggets of wisdom to help you understand when to quit vs. when to stick. with your goals.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama - I love reading autobiographies. I enjoyed reading about her background, life experiences and how to speak your mind with grace and courage.
- Leaving Microsoft to Change the World - An Entrepreneur's Odyssey to Educate the World's Children by John Wood - I am inspired by the passion of John Wood to leave a lucrative career and choose to dedicate all his time to educate children in remote parts of the world.
I love to eat and cook for friends and family. After a tiring day, cooking a scrumptious meal is like meditation for me.