International Applicants

International Applicants to UW MSA Program at Bothell Campus

MSA Program and Application Information

International students must have a visa status that allows academic study at the University of Washington. International applicants include students who hold U.S. visas, such as F-1, J-1 Exchange Visitors, H-1, any dependent visas or any other non-immigrant classifications. (You are not an international applicant if you hold a U.S. “Green Card” or other Immigrant status.) To find more helpful information on the international student visas, please visit the UW Bothell International Student Services website or the UW International Student Services (ISS) website. If you have any questions, please contact the UW International Student Services at the Bothell Campus.

International applicants are required to provide additional application materials and information when they apply to the UW Bothell MS Accounting program, as described below. Due to the extra time needed for processing, international applicants for the UW MSA program at Bothell Campus are strongly encouraged to apply before March 15.

English language proficiency

Proficiency in English is required for graduate study at UW Bothell. Every applicant whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. Information on the different avenues by which an applicant can demonstrate English language proficiency can be found at the UW Graduate School website for international applicants.

TOEFL and TOEFL iBT test scores are valid for two years from the test date. Applicants using TOEFL test scores must submit official scores electronically via ETS, using the University of Washington’s institution code 4854. An offer of admission cannot be extended prior to the receipt of official scores.

Important note: The University of Washington phased out usage of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). IELTS scores with a test session date after May 31, 2017 will not be accepted.

Proof of financial ability

International applicants must submit the Statement of Financial Ability Form with supporting official financial documentation showing adequate financial resources to cover the cost of at least the first year of study before a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or IAP-66) can be issued. Review how to meet this requirement for UW Bothell.

The University of Washington will issue the I-20 or IAP-66 forms only after a student is officially admitted, financial ability is confirmed, and an enrollment deposit is received. These I-20 or IAP-66 forms are required to obtain an F-1 or J-1 visa at a U.S. consulate.

Transcripts & degree conferral

TWO official copies of both your academic record and the diploma or other document indicating the date and conferral of your degree are required after being accepted into the program. If the original language of the academic record and diploma is not English, a certified English translation must accompany the original document. A school administrative officer of the institution from which the degree was received must certify official copies of credentials.

International applicants residing in the United States

International applicants residing in the U.S. follow the same application requirements, procedures and deadlines as those residing outside the U.S.


Immigration Information for F1 students

Prospective International Student Information