Certificate in Accounting
Now accepting applications for 2024-25!
We are accepting applications for those interested in starting our program in fall 2024.
For general questions about the Accounting Certificate program, please email email@example.com.
Who should apply?
- Currently work in the accounting field and want to meet the requirements for CPA examination
- Have a degree in Business and now want additional accounting coursework to satisfy prerequisites for an accounting graduate degree, such as our Master of Science in Accounting degree.
- All courses are taught in person by highly respected University of Washington Bothell faculty
- Program runs fall through spring quarter (September through June)
- Classes are held Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:45 – 10:00 p.m.
- Intermediate Accounting 1, 2 & 3
- Cost Accounting
- Auditing Theory and Practice
- Federal Income Taxation
- BA or BS degree in Business Administration
Estimated total tuition cost:
- Resident: $13,000
- Non-Resident: $42,000
- Earn 30 credit hours toward the 225 credit hour requirement to sit for the CPA exam, including all upper level credits
- Satisfy the prerequisite requirements for the MS Accounting degree
Application deadline & process
Address to Submit Application: Email the completed application form with all required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application will be evaluated on the basis of the materials you submit. If accepted into the program, your application information may be shared with the instructors in the program.
If you have questions about the application process, please call 425.352.3306.
Note: Applicants will apply to and complete the Accounting certificate program as Non-Matriculated students. For complete details on non-matriculated student status, applying as a non-matriculated student, and whether you must submit proof of English language proficiency, please review information on the pages below.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Application Form
- Official Transcript (showing awarded Bachelor’s degree)
- Current Resume
- Statement of Interest explaining your relevant experience and knowledge of the field, as well as your interest in and expectations of the program (250 words maximum)
- Proof of English language proficiency [uwb.edu] for applicants for whom English is not their native language