Mission and Vision
The Alumni Council, in partnership with UW Bothell and the University of Washington Alumni Association, represents the institution’s graduates by providing leadership, services, events and opportunities for alumni to connect, collaborate and engage with fellow alumni and to support and build a stronger University community.
UW Bothell changes lives. We give our time and talent to support the university because of the remarkable change it inspires. Through our fundraising and volunteer efforts, we support student scholarships, work in the community and assist campus efforts to improve college access.
We give because WE > ME.
2022 – 2023 Executive Committee:
At-Large Advisory Board:
- Mary Howisey (IAS ’02)
- Curtis Takahashi (IAS ’04)
- Jacque Julien (IAS ’15)
- Sarah Amos Bond (IAS ’98, MAPS ’09)
- Joe Santos (Liberal Studies ’97)
- Ariana Navarro (BUS ’19)
- Dan Person (BUS ’19)
- Tanya Kumar (IAS ’18)
- Christine Noel Straight (IAS ’00, MACS ’10)
- Salena Farris (IAS ’08, MACS ’10)
- Paris Bruner (IAS ’21)
- Angela Ferro-Capera (STEM ’21)
- Omar Manzo Sanchez (BUS ’21)
- David Hernandez (Liberal Studies ’03)
- UWAA Board of Trustees representatives: Tanya Kumar (IAS ’18), Jacque Julien (IAS ’15)
Student Representative: Vacant
What do we do?
Develop relationships with fellow UW Bothell alumni
- Engaged alumni are more likely to be ambassadors in the community and support UW Bothell students and programs with their time, talent and philanthropy.
Fundraise to support UW Bothell students and programs
- The Alumni Council established the Alumni Endowed Scholarship, which awards up to $6,000 per year to UW Bothell students. To date, the council has raised more than $175,000 for the endowment.
- We campaign to ensure the success of current and future UW Bothell students.
- Alumni donors aid programs and funds that break down barriers to access.
Encourage UW Bothell alumni to join the UW Alumni Association
- The “B” in Bothell is our unique identity, but we’re a part of a world-wide Husky family!
- Membership makes us visible in the community and supports student scholarships.
Develop community partnerships
- Community businesses and organizations offer internships and mentoring to UW Bothell students.
- Enhancing the University’s relationship with the community ensures we continue to make an impact, right here at home.
- Supporting alumni-owned businesses offers connections to more than 29,000 alumni.
Maintain and improve alumni presence on campus/with schools and programs
- Alumni are an invaluable resource to the university — as mentors, panelists, speakers, instructors, volunteers, programmers and more.
Advocate locally and at the state level
- We partner with UW Bothell’s Government and Community Relations team and with UW Impact to advocate for UW Bothell students and our campus.
Learn more about the council positions!
The UW Bothell Alumni Council meets in person quarterly from 6 to 8 p.m.:
- October 4, 2022
- January 10, 2023
- April 11, 2023
- August 8, 2023
Committee Meetings occur at the discretion of the members:
- Membership & Marketing
- Fundraising & Events
- Awards & Recognition
The council holds an end of year BBQ, a holiday party, and other get togethers throughout the year! We encourage you to get involved by attending meetings, participating on committees and at events. It’s a great way to network, find a sense of belonging, share your UW Bothell pride, and give back.
Questions? Contact Jessica Newkirk, associate director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425.352.3715.