The SAF Committee will be accepting applications for the annual budgeting cycle from November 19, 2018 until 5:00pm on January 17, 2019. The intent of the annual operating budget is to support on-going student activities, services, and programs. Services and Activities Fees are defined in RCW 28B.15.041 to mean “fees, other than tuition fees, charged to all students registering at the . . . state universities . . . The legislature also recognizes that Services and Activities Fees are paid by students for the express purpose of funding student activities and programs” of their particular institution. These funds will be available for the 2019 to 2020 academic year.
A member of your group must be available to attend a hearing with the SAF Committee tentatively scheduled for Friday, February 1, 2019 and February 8, 2019. Please include a regularly checked email in the application, as that will be the main form of communication between SAF and the requesting group. The SAF Committee will contact the requesting group to notify them of a hearing time.
Please ensure that your request is in accordance with SAF Bylaws, which are available at the following website: http://www.uwb.edu/studentaffairs/safc/safbylaws. Please note the SAF Committee will be coordinating with Club Council to develop an efficient funding model.
The Committee will hold an open forum and appeals, tentatively scheduled for on Friday, April 26th, 2018. Requesting groups will be notified of a preliminary budget before the open forum and appeals date.
Late applications will not be accepted, except at the discretion of the Committee. Adjustments to the final total requested by any club, group, organization, or department will not be accepted. After a request has been submitted, it may not be reopened for alterations or changes.
Completed applications will include a narrative, submitted on Catalyst, and a completed spreadsheet, submitted via email to email@example.com by 5pm on January 17, 2019
Questions? Please contact the SAF Committee, at SAFuwb@gmail.com.
Information to Know Before Submitting Proposals
1. Read Guidelines for Funding/General Criteria for Evaluating Funding Requests before you decide to submit a request (http://www.uwb.edu/studentaffairs/safc/safbylaws).
2. Services and Activities Fees may not be used in support of credit-bearing courses.
3. If you plan on requesting food in your application, please familiarize yourself with the University Food Policy.
4. Please note that the committee cannot fund more than you request (with the exception of benefits associated with salaries or wages, which are set annually by the state and university). If there is a submission error, the committee cannot make any changes and will base their decision on the initial request only. Additional forms/attachments will not be accepted.
5. Completed applications will include the narrative as well as a spreadsheet detailing the request.