The purpose of Health and Safety Committee is to improve workplace health and safety through employee involvement in the review and evaluation of programs. The State of Washington Department of Labor and Industries requires that all employees at the University of Washington be represented by Health and Safety Committees composed of appointed and elected employee representatives (WAC 296-80-0130). The University of Washington Bothell is committed to assuring employee health and safety. This Health and Safety Committee is important in assuring that workplace health and safety issues are identified and addressed throughout the campus.
For additional information on university-wide health and safety guidelines please go here.
- Review and evaluate health and safety inspection reports,
- Review and evaluate accident investigation reports,
- Review and evaluate the UWB emergency, accident, and illness prevention programs,
- Provide a forum for employee concerns about health, safety, and facilities at UWB.
The Health and Safety Committee meets the second Tuesday of each month, 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. in Discovery Hall-464.
Accident Prevention Plan Bothell Addendum
Your Group 7, Bothell Campus Committee
2018-19 Elected Members:
- Vacant- Nursing & Health Studies
- Bryce Figueroa - Library
- John Egdorf - Physical Planning & Space Management
- David Symon - School of STEM labs
- Vacant - Auxiliary Services
- Jama'l Chukueke - Recreation and Wellness
- Robyn Smidley - Teaching & Learning Center Vice Chair
- Murali Thimmaiah- Senior Lecturer
- Zach Nelson - Advancement and external relations
2018-19 Appointed Members:
- Kelly Carter-Lynn - School of STEM (Chair)
- Andrew Shinn - Building Coordinators
- Nomungerel Natsagdorj - ASUWB
- Cham Kao - Campus Safety
- Dan Sullivan - Facilities Services
- Adam Geoffroy - UWB EHS
- Union Member SEIU - Vacant
- Union Member WFSE - Vacant
The election is conducted in two phases. The first phase is the nomination phase. Nominees are requested for the elected committee representatives. The second phase, usually scheduled in mid-December, is the final election when a ballot with the nominees' names is distributed for a campus vote.
Elections for membership are held annually for two-year terms. One half of the membership is elected each year.
A committee member generally spends at least two (2) hours per month on committee business, plus an additional 4 to 8 hours each year for orientation and training. Terms are for two (2) years. There is no limit to the number of terms an individual may serve; current committee members are eligible for re-election.
Committee Meeting Minutes
Below are the minutes for the Health and Safety Committee monthly meetings. Please contact email@example.com for additional publications.