Online Accident Reporting System (OARS)
The University of Washington Bothell/Cascadia College campus partners with EH&S Seattle to provide a uniformed way of reporting all accidents, near misses and illnesses. Reporting these will help prevent future incidents on campus and allow for correct followup measures to be taken.
Who can report?
As part of the Bothell Campus Community, we are required to document all injuries, illnesses or near misses. Please see below about how to submit a report and feel free to contact your supervisor or EH&S with any questions. As a reminder, there are NO repercussions to reporting any accident/incidents, you can also file a anonymous report.
Reporting an injury, illness, or near miss
- An injury or illness is an accident or incident that causes physical harm.
- A near miss is an incident that has the potential to cause harm to people, property, processes or the environment.
- You are required to report any work-related illness, injury, or near misses to your supervisor immediately. If you are seriously injured, you should seek immediate medical treatment.
- UW Bothell Employees: Immediately following an incident please complete the Online Accident Reporting System (OARS). This is an internal document and WILL NOT initiate a workers' compensation claim.
- UW Bothell students and visitors: Complete the UW Non-Employee Injury Form (OHS Form 109) as a record of incident. This form is an internal document and WILL NOT initiate a liability claim.
If you need any assistance with reporting, please contact EH&S at email@example.com.
Accident & incident summary
The annual summary of accidents and illness for the past year, 2019, is available by clicking the report below to view as a PDF.