Online Accident Reporting System (OARS)
All employees are required to report any work-related injury, illness, near-miss, or hazardous material exposure to supervisors as soon as possible AND to EH&S via the University of Washingon OARS within 24 hours. Reporting incidents helps prevent future accidents on campus and allows EH&S to ensure that follow-up actions are taken.
Who can report?
Anyone with a UW NetID can access the OARS. The affected UW student, employee, their supervisor, or a University Representative can submit a report. Reports should also be submitted for accidents, injuries, near misses and hazardous conditions that involve UW volunteers working on or off campus, or members of the public visiting campus.
- If you are seriously injured, you should seek immediate medical treatment.
- Call 9-1-1 and UWB Campus Safety at 425.352.5359
- Contact UWS EH&S immediately at 206.543.7262 if the incident requires in-patient hospitalization or ampution, a recombinant/synthetic DNA exposure or spill, or a fatality.
- Do not move any equipment involved int the incident until EH&S recieved clearance from the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I).
- Outside of EH&S business hours (8am-5pm Monday-Friday) call the UW Police Department at 206.685 UWPD (8973). UWPD will notify an EH&S on-call staff member.
- If you need any assistance with reporting, please contact UWB EH&S at email@example.com
Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses
The annual summary of reportable accidents and illness is available by clicking the report below to view as a PDF.