Faculty Research Advisory Council
Purpose and Reporting
The University of Washington Bothell Faculty Research Advisory Council, founded in 2019, is an advisory body established to coordinate and guide progress in supporting faculty research. In quarterly meetings, the board will advise the UW Bothell Office of Sponsored Research staff as they conduct research administration operations, applying the tools developed to manage over $1 billion in external research funds to support principal investigators on our primarily undergraduate campus.
Faculty members will be recruited from across the campus to serve staggered, two-year terms. Members may serve for consecutive terms. Note: initial appointments will be for one, two, or three years, to phase in staggered terms. The GFO appointed representative on the UW Faculty Research Council will also serve on the UW Bothell Research Advisory Council. The Director/Associate Dean of the UW Bothell/Cascadia Library will be asked to serve as an ex officio member.
- Surya Pathak, Professor, School of Business
Chair of Research Advisory Council
- Karam Dana, Associate Professor, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences
- Marc Dupuis, Assistant Professor, School of STEM, Computing & Software Systems
- Dan Jaffe, Professor & Chair, Physical Sciences Division, School of STEM
- Deanna Kennedy, Associate Professor, School of Business
- Joey Key, Assistant Professor, School of STEM, Physical Sciences
- Thelma Madzima, Assistant Professor, School of STEM, Biological Sciences
- Yang Peng, Assistant Professor, School of STEM, Computing & Software Systems
- Rebecca Price, Professor, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences
- P.K. Sen, Professor, School of Business
- Antony Smith, Associate Professor, School of Educational Studies
- Wadiya Udell, Professor, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences
- Jong Yoon, Associate Professor, School of STEM, Engineering and Mathematics
- Sarah Leadley, MLIS, Director, UWB/CC Library, Associate Dean University Libraries, ex officio
The council meets once quarterly, virtually, on Fridays at 1pm, Fall to Spring. There are additional time obligations if helping review the SRCP awards during the spring.
- Friday, November 12, 2021, 1-2PM
- Friday, February 11, 2022, 1-2PM
- Friday, May 13, 2022, 1-2PM