- February 19 – President’s Day – NO CLASSES
- February 20 – deadline for changing courses grading option to S/NS ($20 fee) or use annual drop ($20 fee)
- February 22 – Spring Quarter registration begins for first year students (check your MyUW for your specific day of registration)
Registration is on the horizon! Let’s take a look at some of the steps along the way for registration.
Getting ready to register
Before you can register for classes, you should probably check out a couple of things:
- First, take a look at your MyUW for your specific day of registration.
- Use the Major Planning Worksheets to learn about prerequisites for your intended major.
- Review the Degree Audit program located within MyPlan. Degree Audit tells you how your prior and current course work satisfy requirements towards your intended major and graduation.
- Next, be sure to look at the Time Schedule or MyPlan. First year students with less than 45 credits need to take Discovery Core (B CORE). In addition, search for prerequisites towards your intended major and explore the different listings, you might find something you didn’t expect!
- Last, but not least, you might want to make an appointment with a Pre-Major Advisor or stop by Drop-In Advising for your quick questions if you have not done so already.
Use your academic resources
You are responsible for your education, but you don’t have to do it alone. Be proactive and use the resources available to you.
If you have questions you don’t see on here, feel free to stop in at our Quick Questions Drop-In Advising. We’re in the Student Success Center (UW1-160) 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday-Thursday.
You can also reach us through email or by phone: