Hannah Ashagra and Charity Akhidenor shared their research findings with state legislators.Read more
Our exciting Bachelor of Arts in Health Studies will provide students with the knowledge and skills to improve the health of individuals and communities.
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to:
1. Identify bio-social-ecological factors that influence health, health equity, and social justice, at the individual and population levels;
2. Analyze the impacts of population level healthcare policies and systems from a local to global perspective;
3. Evaluate health research and health information for the application of ethical and evidence based-practice;
4. Develop as public health leaders and health practitioners prepared to collaborate with communities and institutions to improve individual and population health.
Students are encouraged to strengthen their skills through internships and study abroad experiences.
Our Health Studies graduates are ready to enter a wide variety of occupations or get prepared for graduate school or other advanced training. Career possibilities include:
- Public and global health services
- Health education and communication
- Health management and administration
- Non-profit services
- Community organizing
- Mental health/substance use services
- Environmental and Occupational Health Services
- Health care outreach and community care
- Advanced study in Public Health, Nursing, Medicine, Social Work, or other health professions
Info for Future Students
Info for Current Students
Health Studies News
Health Studies Majors and SNHS Faculty presented the findings of their study on campus health and wellness at the Washington State Public Health Association's Annual Conference.Read more