Students in the program are responsible to meet and maintain compliance with a set of immunizations, student training, policy agreements, licensure and background checks. While not all graduate fieldwork may involve direct patient contact; many are in patient care settings and involve working with another health care professional. Fieldwork takes place fall and winter quarter in BNURS 591.
- The School utilizes a secure online verification company, CastleBranch for the background check(s) and managing primary source documentation for immunizations and documentation.
- The School has access to submitted documentation and background check results in CastleBranch.
Students pay the fees directly to CastleBranch as follows:
- Initial background check: $53.00 (prior to first quarter in the program then every two years)
- Immunizations and documentions: $63.00 (price increase from $50.00 to current prices May 2022)
- Annual re-check: $16.00
- COVID-19, Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Tuberculosis (TB), Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (TDaP), Influenza (for the current flu season)
Profressional documentation and e-learning
- RN License (active and unencumbered)
- CPR training (valid American Heart Association BLH Healthcare Provider Certificate and/or eCard accepted)
- HIPAA Training (short online course to be completed through CastleBranch)
- Acknowledgment of Social Networking Policy
- Acknowledgment of Blood Borne Pathogen Policy
- Background Check (annual check)
- Annual Criminal Disclosure Form
- Authorization for Release of Records Form
- COVID-19 Fieldwork Policy
Student holds and course drop
Students not in compliance with the Health and Safety requirements will have a registration hold placed on their account in May or at any time they fall out of compliance. If the student falls out of compliance post registration for the Advanced Fieldwork course are while enrolled (BNURS 591), the School reserves the right to remove the student from the course until compliance is achieved.
Final quarter and post fieldwork
Students who have immunizations expire in their final quarter or after completing their fieldwork (BNURS 591) should contact the compliance officer for further instructions.
Background Check and RN License Policy
- Admitted students must complete a national background check with acceptable results upon the offer of admission and no later than the week prior to the start of their first quarter.
- Continuing students must have an up-to-date background check throughout enrollment in the program (through graduation). For example, a completed annual background re-check with acceptable results 12 months from the time they completed the initial background and every 12 months thereafter. Students in the program for longer than two years, need to complete a National Background year three (the National Background check is valid for two years only).
Students must have a current, unrestricted RN license from the State of Washington throughout enrollment in the program.
Compliance Officer Mahshid Rowani- firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated May 2022