- A bachelor degree in nursing from an NLN or CCNE accredited program*
- A 3.0 grade point average in the most recent 90 credits (or 60 semester credits)
- Completion of a 3 credit quarter-based or 2 credit semester-based basic statistics course in descriptive and inferential statistics with a grade of at least 2.0 grade. Find an approved statistics course**
- Active and unencumbered Washington State RN license
- English Proficiency if your native language is not English
- Agree to the Essential Nursing Behaviors and the Health and Safety requirements
- Completed Criminal Disclosure form
- Upon offer of admission, completion of criminal background check with acceptable results***
Do not run the check before an offer of admission.
Application material requirements
Review the application materials webpage to ensure you are meeting the requirements and submitting a complete application.
*Applicants with a baccalaureate degree in a major other than nursing may be able to waive the educational requirement of a bachelor degree in nursing. Learn more about this option.
**If you do not see the statistics course on the approved list, email an unofficial transcript with the course description and syllabus (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org attention; MN Admissions Committee.
***Admitted students are required to complete a criminal background check with acceptable results. Thereafter, an annual Washington State background check is required. Failure to self-disclose criminal history makes an applicant ineligible for admission. For examples of offenses that would result in individuals being ineligible for the program, see the Department of Social and Health Services Secretary's List of Crimes and Negative Actions. Do not run the check before your official notification of admission to the School. The nursing program uses CastleBranch, Inc., an online fee-based service.
International students are required to meet additional admission requirements and submit supplementary materials per the Graduate School. Please review our international student page for details.
The nursing program follows the UW Graduate School policy on the transfer of credits into the program.
The Nursing program admission requirements and processes adhere to the Graduate School Memo 3 on Graduate Admissions.