Your user profile contains your name and contact information, as well as tools to integrate information from external sites such as Google Apps or Facebook to your Canvas account.
To access your user profile, click on your name at the top right corner of the page.
- Begin editing your profile by clicking the button on the right
- To add or change your profile picture, hover over then click on the grey avatar
- Edit your name and title, a biography, and links by filling in the appropriate spaces
- Click on the check boxes under application icons to allow other Canvas users to see applications you use
Update Contact Information & Registered Services
- Edit alternative ways to contact you by clicking on Manage Registered Services under the 'Ways to Contact Me' section
- You will be redirected to a new page (shown above)
- Updage your email and phone number using the menu to the right. Note that these items will not be displayed to other Canvas users.
- Under 'Web Services' you can link different applications to your Canvas portfolio including Google Docs, Linkedin, and Skype
- Click on the appropriate icon for the application you wish to link and follow the steps they provide
To change your notification settings, click on the Notifications link from the navigation menu to the left.
You can change when you want to be notified for the different course activities. By hovering your mouse over the right-column area, four buttons will appear where you can choose when you want to be notified.
From left to right: Notify me right away, Send daily summary, Send weekly summary, Do not send me anything.
The Canvas ePortfolio is a place where you can document and showcase work with others in your course or with the public. It is also a place where you can store some of your best work to use for later in other courses or for work outside of school.
To create a Canvas ePortfolio, click on the ePortfolio link in the left side navigation menu.
From the ePortfolio introduction page, click on the Create an ePortfolio button, choose a name, decide whether you want to make it public or not, and when you are ready click on the Make ePortfolio button.