Personal files are uploaded materials that can be found within each Canvas user's profile. Functioning similarly to the Canvas course files section, users can keep files on the Canvas system and use them in their assignments or other course-related work.
You can access personal files by clicking on your name at the top and selecting Files on the left side navigation menu in your profile.
- The left column will display the various files you uploaded and the folders you created to organize all of the content.
- The right column will show the contents of these folders, as well as a preview of a file or folder when selected in the left column.
- To add your personal files to Canvas, click on your name at the top of the page and then click on the Files link in the left side navigation bar.
- In the left column, select the folder you want to add content into and in the right column click on Add Files.
- Browse through your computer to find the desired file and then click on Open.
- You can also create a folder to organize your files with. To do so, click on the destination you want to add the folder to and then click on Add Folder.
(By default, the main Files folder, labeled with your name, will be selected to add content into. Make sure to select the folder of your choice before adding files.)
- To download an individual file, click on the folder the file is in (left-column) and then click on the name of the file (right-column).
- To download a zip file of an entire folder, click on the folder you want to download and next to the Add Folder button, click on the download zip file button.
- To import a file, including zip files:
- Click on the folder you want to import into
- Click on the import file button, which is next to the download zip file button
- Click Browse to look for the file on your computer and select Open when found
- Double-check with the drop-down menu that you're uploading the file to the correct folder
- Click Upload File