This page is a set of resources to help users get started on creating a School of Educational Studies portfolio, capstone project, or dossier. Here users will find links to the Google Sites ePortfolio tutorial, how to use School of Educational Studies templates, frequent questions asked by students, and sample portfolios, capstone projects, and dossiers.
- Introduction to the School of Educational Studies
- School of Educational Studies Portfolios
- Activate your UW Google Apps
- Portfolio Basics
- Share Your Site With Your Instructor
As articulated in the School of Educational Studies vision statement, the School supports interdisciplinary scholarship that explores the multifaceted dimensions of learning and schooling. We give particular focus to:
- Purposes of education in a social and political democracy
- Responsibilities of universities to collaborate with community partners
- Critical roles of professional educators in supporting equity in learning
Students completing a School of Educational Studies degree or certification program will develop a project documenting growth and demonstrating learning and knowledge across core educational concepts and themes. This project will take the form of a portfolio, capstone project, or dossier. The project will contain evidence of learning, connections between theory and practice, and reflections on this evidence and how it influences and shapes your knowledge and growth in education.
Click below to learn more about each portfolio type as well as learn how to create each portfolio.
- Master of Education Degree Dossier
- K-8 Certification Portfolio
- Secondary and Middle Level Teacher Certification Portfolio
If you prefer a texted based tutorial, we have the video tutorial script which will take you through the steps for activating your Google Apps.
This tutorial will describe the process of using the MED Dossier template. The process for creating each type of portfolio follows the same basic steps:
- First go to http://gsites.uw.edu.
- Log in with your UW NetID and password.
- Click the Create button to create a new eportfolio.
- Click on "Browse the gallery for more" to look for the MED Dossier template.
- In the search gadgets field, type in “Dossier Template”
- When found, click on the template and then click on the Select button
- Name your site.
- When you are finished, click the Create button at the top of the page.
- For help on using the portfolio template, go to the Open Learning Lab in UW2-140.
If you prefer a text-based tutorial, we have the script to the video tutorial which will take you through the steps for sharing your portfolio with your instructor.
- You will need to Share your site with your academic advisor and second reader with "Can View" access. Be sure to indicate that you want these people notified via e-mail.
- Share your site with the UW Bothell Program shared UWNetID with 'Owner' access to the site. This shared UWNetID is: email@example.com
- After your dossier has met the program requirements as determined by your first and second readers, create a copy of the dossier site with a new name for your own use.
- In the dropdown menu titled More select Manage Site
- From the Manage Site page select the Copy this site box
- Create a new site name and do not copy site members
- The UW Bothell Education Program will remove all other users from the original site and archive it for program review purposes. You may retain the copy you made for your own reference.