The Open Learning Lab in UW2-140
The Open Learning Lab (OLL) is the only dedicated drop-in computer lab at UWB for all students regardless of degree or major. Student workers, in the OLL, offer in-person support and assistance on digital media software and campus eLearning tools. For a detailed list of tools, tutorials, and support hours for the lab, please see below.
The OLL is maintained and managed by the Office of Digital Learning & Innovation.
Lab Features and Hardware:
- Twelve Windows, 27-inch touchscreen, computers installed on monitor-arms with flexible viewing distance, monitor orientation, and display height.
- Seventeen Apple iMacs computers with media production, Adobe CC and Final Cut Pro, software installed.
- Two Apple iMac Pro, teaching stations, for media production tutoring and software support.
- Motorized standing/sitting desks at every workstation.
- Open room layout with two, technology enhanced, group meeting stations.
- Comfortable and durable headphones at every workstation.
- Black & White printer available via DAWG Prints.
- High-resolution scanners are available.
Open Lab hours and Location:
The Open Learning Lab is located in UW2-140 and is open UW2 building hours.
In-person, Digital Media and eLearning Tool, Support Hours - Fall 2019:
- Monday - Thursday, 9AM to 5PM
Software and eLearning Tool Support:
The OLL provides one-on-one student support for digital media software and eLearning tools:
- Final Cut Pro X Basics
- Adobe Premiere Basics
- Adobe Photoshop Basics
- Adobe Audition Basics
- Audacity Basics
- iMovie Basics
- Google Sites for ePortfolio
- Pearson EdTPA Video Support