Elementary Education Teaching Certification Post-Baccalaureate
Earn a teaching certification in one year
The UW Bothell Elementary Education Teacher Certification Post-Baccalaureate Program prepares students to become certified teachers in Washington state elementary schools. Upon completion of this highly-structured, one-year course of study, students meet all the requirements to be recommended for Washington State Residency teacher certification.
UW Bothell's "cohort model" post-baccalaureate program progresses students together through a series of hands-on teaching methods courses and student teaching internships, resulting in an enhanced learning community and life-long professional colleagues.
Students in UW Bothell teacher certification programs become teachers who are thoughtful about their own learning, as well as the learning of their students.
Prepare to Apply
- Full-time, day-time program
- Spring Quarter start
- Teaching methods courses provide direct experience and contact with elementary school students.
- Teaching methods courses held in local elementary schools and taught by full-time UW faculty
- Students progress through program as a cohort, fostering an enhanced learning community and life-long professional colleagues
- Students learn to design and employ curriculum and instructional practices that promote equity and social justice
- School placement partnerships with local school districts serving diverse student populations
- Dedicated academic advising and school placement staff
- Professional development and certification exam preparation workshops
- Students may use financial aid to fund program