Managed Software Center (MSC) for Mac
Mac computers managed by UW Bothell IT utilize Managed Software Center (MSC) to install or update third party software such as Microsoft Office, Mozilla Firefox, Zoom, and other pre-installed software.
Learn more about:
- Connecting to Husky OnNet while off campus
- Launching MSC on the Mac computer
- Installing or updating software using MSC
- What to do if you have trouble with MSC
Connect to Husky OnNet first while off campus
- If you are off campus, the Mac computer must connect to Husky OnNet (search for Big-IP Edge Client) before proceeding to the next step. MSC will not work if the computer has not first connected to Husky OnNet.
Launching MSC on the Mac computer
- If added, you may launch MCS from the Dock by clicking on the MCS icon
- MCS icon:
- You may also locate MSC in the Applications folder and launch from there.
How to Install Software with MSC
- Launch Managed Software Center
- Navigate to the Software section by clicking the Software icon on the sidebar
- You can view the available software to install
How to Update Software with MSC
- After Managed Software Center is launched, you can navigate to the update section by clicking the updates icon on the sidebar
- If there is an update, it will be listed under the updates section (shown below as an example). Some updates may require you to log out or restart the system, be sure to save your current work or connect to a power source (for Apple notebooks) before applying any software update
- Click update all to begin the process
- The screenshot below shows the updates are completed and that all of your software is up to date.
Experiencing problem with MSC?
- If you are off campus, the computer must connect to Husky OnNet (search for Big-IP Edge Client) before attempting to open MSC. MSC will not work if you have not first connected to Husky OnNet.
- If you have more questions or need further assistance, please email email@example.com