You will need:
- Necessary level of access (usually you must be an admin on your computer).
- The right print "drivers". The driver is the software that allows your computer to communicate with the printer; you can usually find the drivers under a "drivers" section on the printer manufacturer's website (such as www.hp.com) and search for the correct files using the printer's model number.
- If you are connecting to one of the central Ricoh printers, you will need to get your copy code from you program or department.
- A valid UW Bothell computing account
- Open the "Start Menu". On Windows XP, click "Run", and enter \\printers.uwb.edu into the text field. On Windows 7, enter \\printers.uwb.edu into the text field. Hit "Enter" or click "OK".
- You should be prompted to authenticate with your UW email and password. Enter your username as firstname.lastname@example.org and enter your password. Keep in mind that passwords are case-sensitive.
- Once you have successfully authenticated with the print server, Windows Explorer should open a window containing the available network print queues.
NOTE: Your authentication will expire after a period of time, or if you shut down your computer. You will need to repeat this procedure in order to re-authenticate.
- Double click on each print queue that you would like to add. Windows will attempt to install the appropriate printer driver from the print server.
- You may need to manually acquire and install the driver that matches your operating system version and the printer model.
- Once you have successfully added the print queue, a print queue window should appear.
*Please see the IT policy on using personal technology for work