Software that is already supported by IT can be installed by client request on IT-supported workstations according to the following timelines:
- 1 week turnaround for individual workstations
- 2 week turnaround for labs or multiple workstations
If the software installation requires computer re-imaging in a lab or classroom, IT typically schedules the work for a quarter break because this activity can seriously disrupt instruction.
Software that is not currently supported by IT can be reviewed by IT for future support.
- Supported software is only available through IT for IT supported computers
- Software must be appropriately licensed for its intended use at UW (for example, some software can be installed in offices, but not labs)
- Software must be purchased through IT; we can't support software that clients bring in from an external source